Contribute
Register

OS X 10.9.1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there.

I updated through the AppStore. The system definition is MacPro3,1. Motherboard is Gigabyte Z77M-D3H, graphics are HD7950.

This is what I get after installation:

IMG_0127.jpg

Does this means that the VoodooHDA kernel extension caused a kernel panic? How can I make it to boot? No backups, it seems like I love living in the danger…

UPDATE
Well, I booted on safe mode, remounted / on read-write, deleted /System/Library/Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext, then rebooted. It boots without problems. It seems that I may have to install VoodooHDA again to get sound, lets see how it works...

UPDATE 2
After VoodooHDA installation using MultiBeast, It works with no issues :D

Article: OS X 10.9.1 Update

Here's the step by step way to update:
:ch: Repair Permissions using the Disk Utility on the drive to be updated;*
:ch: Backup your current installation using Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper;
:ch: Use the Software Update to download and install 10.9.1;
:ch: Re-boot;
:ch: Run MultiBeast v6.01+ and just select your audio driver to install;
:ch: Re-boot; and
:ch: Repair Permissions again.​

If you have TRIM enabled, it is unaffected by this update. :thumbup:

* You can use the Terminal instead of Disk Utility if you feel comfortable with a UNIX command:
Code:
sudo diskutil repairPermissions /

Update went successfully.

I have audio through HDMI to my ASUS display with speakers. This continues to work without having to do the Multibeast v6.0.1 audio driver re-install. I do see that AppleHDA.ext has been modified by the 10.9.1 update.

What am I loosing or missing by not doing the Multibeast re-install? Is it audio out through the MB speaker connections?

Can anyone clarify the TRIM enable for me too? Doesn't 10.9.x have native TRIM? Why should I install the TRIM from Multibeast?

Cannot turn off the screen saver. *** SOLVED ***

The installation went smoothly with no problems but the screen saver is now enabled and I cannot turn it off. The power saving features and the screen saver have always been set to off on my system. With this update after about 10 or 20 minutes the screen saver starts. I can change which screen saver is used but the time is set to never and it is still enabled. Can't figure this one out.

I am using dual displays on an AMD Radeon HD 6870 (XFX Card).

----------------------

I needed to fix permissions. I have been using Kext Helper to repair permissions but maybe the version is too old. After running Apple's disk utility to repair disk permissions the problem was solved. It reported several errors with kext files and now the screen saver is off again.

* You can use the Terminal instead of Disk Utility if you feel comfortable with a UNIX command:
Code:

Im really sorry to bother you, but on step 3 you say use the software update to download and install 10.9.1. Does that mean using the App Store one or using the combo update thing?

- - - Updated - - -

Code:

Im really sorry to bother you, but on step 3 you say use the software update to download and install 10.9.1. Does that mean using the App Store one or using the combo update thing?

after the update and restart the software functioned 'Transmit' 'Pacifist' no more. I sometimes have problems with 'Automator' ... does someone know a solution?

Moreover, iCloud and the App Store do not work anymore ... : (

I Need help.

Be aware that you can't download Mavericks anymore once you upgraded to 10.9.1. I recommend to download Mavericks and back it up on a external disk.

Sorry memoryleak but this not correct !

- I just visited the Mac App Store and selected Mavericks from all the available app.
- I selected Mavericks and executed it
- A pop up informed me that OSX 10.9.1 Mavericks is already installed on this machine - do i still want to install 'Continue' or 'Cancel'

You can still download Mavericks if you want to ;)

Article: Update Your Mavericks App to 10.9.1

Updated my Hackintosh X79s UP5 i73930 to Mavericks 10.9.1.
Very easy install this one.
Just replaced the audio drivers and reboot.
After that the Hack had a real-world speed bump, and now the score on geekbench is more than 23000.

Just go for it.
It's rock stable.

o2wlv6w
Cheers.
HI @appletwo,
Can you please let me know how may I replace the Audio Driver? I don't have any sound too. I want to fix it asap :/

HELP!

After update drivers with Multibeast the system freezes on startup on the apple grey logo whith the small clock spinning. ¿Any easy solution? (I'm not expert, this is my first hackintosh system and it's the first time I upgrade it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back