Contribute
Register

nvidia-update - Simple way to install nVidia web drivers

Could you share more info about your system? Enabling Above 4G Decoding made no difference for me.
Updated my profile info... it just got a lil' better. Still not as solid as back in the El Cap. days–fingers crossed 10.13.4 and/or next Nvidia driver release fixes this issue.

So I updated to 10.13.3, ran the script - everything worked great! But today I realized I still had to install the Security Update that fixed the symbols crashing messages. I ran the script after the update, and it said it patched the driver, but now my driver isn’t working at all. I can only use one display and it’s not accelerated - and the script says the driver is up to date.

Any advice?

Just install the latest version of Nvidia drivers (161), then reboot, then use nvidia-update to go back to 106. Solved the problem for me.

Perfect for me, simple and fast with High Sierra 10.13.3 (17D102) and a GTX 1060 3g.

Do you guys still get low framerate animations even with this patch? Some transitions, animations and even actions are still a bit slow. For example, sometimes closing tabs in Chrome/Firefox/Safari gives me lag, even freezing my mouse for maybe half a second. Other than that, window resizing can be really laggy as well.

Last edited:
Do you guys still get low framerate animations even with this patch? Some transitions, animations and even actions are still a bit slow. For example, sometimes closing tabs in Chrome/Firefox/Safari gives me lag, even freezing my mouse for maybe half a second. Other than that, window resizing can be really laggy as well.
Yep, same thing. Yesterday I booted to Windows 10 and was amazed how blazing fast it's UI compared to macOS.

It doesn't feel as fluid as it does on my MacBook Pro 15" 2016. Transitions lag and resize stutters, especially when you play video at the same time. Nvidia 1080 GTX Ti on version 106. I also experience the slowdown when closing a tab.

Hello,

Thank you for your amazing work!
I found a bug in the script when working with Domain Accounts:

Code:
luki-hackintosh:~ lukas$ nvda_update
Downloading driver blacklist...
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
100   120  100   120    0     0    457      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--   458

Downloading driver list...
100 55865  100 55865    0     0  29801      0  0:00:01  0:00:01 --:--:-- 29794

The latest driver revision is 378.10.10.10.25.106

Downloading 378.10.10.10.25.106 drivers...
100 62.1M  100 62.1M    0     0  2389k      0  0:00:26  0:00:26 --:--:-- 2738k

Patching package...
Password:
Patched install requirements.
Patched extension.

Repackaging...
chown: DOMAINNAME\Domain: illegal group name

This problem appears because of the blank in the group "Domain Users".
I could fix this issue for me by changing line 200 from:
Code:
sudo chown $(id -un):$(id -gn) "$PKG_PATH"
to:
Code:
sudo chown $(id -un):"$(id -gn)" "$PKG_PATH"

Worked great for me after updating to 10.13.3 (however haven't updated to the supplemental update yet). Thanks so much!

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if I should run this script or not.
I have a 1080 Ti and appart from having a little lag when switching desktops, closing safari or opening the app folder I don't see any other issues.

My system is now "stable" (boot ok, shutdown ok, PM ok, USB ok....) and I'm afraid to mess up something if I run the script :s

What other issues should I experience if I leave it to version 387.10.10.10.25.161 ?
If I knew what to expect, I could try and check if this happen to me too.

Thanks

Back