Contribute
Register

nvidia-update - Simple way to install nVidia web drivers

Thanks so much, this script works so great to me!

Million thanks for creating this script and maintain the blacklist to make thing so simple.

For your info, I tested this script on a real Mac (Mac Pro 5,1, High Sierra 17D102, GTX1080 Ti), I need to disable SIP to make things work. The installation is flawless. However, the NVDAStartupWeb.kext patch will void the kext signature. Therefore, the kext now considered obtain from an unknown source, which means OS won't load it if SIP is enabled.
Screen Shot 2018-03-14 at 01.12.07.jpg

I know this is Apple's limitation, and you can do nothing about it. However, may be it's a good idea to update the info at GitHub to advice the users that SIP should be disabled before using this script to downgrade the driver. Otherwise, there is a chance that run into black screen after reboot (at least may be true for some real Mac users).

Million thanks for creating this script and maintain the blacklist to make thing so simple.

For your info, I tested this script on a real Mac (Mac Pro 5,1, High Sierra 17D102, GTX1080 Ti), I need to disable SIP to make things work. The installation is flawless. However, the NVDAStartupWeb.kext patch will void the kext signature. Therefore, the kext now considered obtain from an unknown source, which means OS won't load it if SIP is enabled.
View attachment 318965
I know this is Apple's limitation, and you can do nothing about it. However, may be it's a good idea to update the info at GitHub to advice the users that SIP should be disabled before using this script to downgrade the driver. Otherwise, there is a chance that run into black screen after reboot (at least may be true for some real Mac users).
Now it makes sense why I have to boot with SIP partially disabled (0x3) to avoid the black screen of death.

Interesting! Is that patch an alternative to using NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext + Lilu.kext?
The patch disables the NVIDIA web drivers check for MacOS version, thus allowing loading of an older driver on a newer OS version. It's not a replacement for NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext & Lilu.kext.

So I updated to 10.13.3, ran the script - everything worked great! But today I realized I still had to install the Security Update that fixed the symbols crashing messages. I ran the script after the update, and it said it patched the driver, but now my driver isn’t working at all. I can only use one display and it’s not accelerated - and the script says the driver is up to date.

Any advice?

I swear my video playback in chrome/safari got better after enabling "Above 4G Decoding" in the BIOS.
Could you share more info about your system? Enabling Above 4G Decoding made no difference for me.

Back