Contribute
Register

nvidia-update - Simple way to install nVidia web drivers

Hey, I was wondering... does a bad web driver can affect proper shutdown?
Up until today, i was using my hack with half the time shutdown working properly and half of the time the hack would
start if I move the mouse or touch the keyboard even though its all disabled in the BIOS, I never actually gave it a second thought and was just happy that my hack worked.

But then after using this method of installing a web driver suddenly my hack shuts down properly and won't wake up if I touch the mouse or the keyboard, could it be related?
was I just blindly installing web drivers just because they were "new and compatible"?
I don't think (not sure) Nvidia drivers have anything to do with sleep and shutdown; usually USB has something to do with it. Do you have FixShutdown enabled in your config.plist?

For everyone who is running a 106 or earlier, are you using the latest version of CUDA (387.128) and patching it (explained on this post under "Polishing + installing CUDA") or are you using an older version? I found that if I use 106 with the latest CUDA, the option to benchmark CUDA in Geekbench isn't available... so I assume CUDA isn't working.

According to the Nvidia website:
Latest: CUDA 387.128 supports 378.10.10.10.25.156
Previous: CUDA 387.99 supports 378.10.10.10.25.102

Last edited:
I don't think (not sure) Nvidia drivers have anything to do with sleep and shutdown; usually USB has something to do with it. Do you have FixShutdown enabled in your config.plist?

Yes, FixShutdown is enabled.
and it was always enabled even when it didn't shutdown properly.

For everyone who is running a 106 or earlier, are you using the latest version of CUDA (387.128) and patching it (explained on this post under "Polishing + installing CUDA") or are you using an older version? I found that if I use 106 with the latest CUDA, the option to benchmark CUDA in Geekbench isn't available... so I assume CUDA isn't working.

According to the Nvidia website:
Latest: CUDA 387.128 supports 378.10.10.10.25.156
Previous: CUDA 387.99 supports 378.10.10.10.25.102

Im running 10.13.2 with Nvidia Web Driver 378.10.10.10.25.102
CUDA 387.99 would not initialize in Abobe apps.
I updated to 387.128 and everything is fine and fast.

Im running 10.13.2 with Nvidia Web Driver 378.10.10.10.25.102
CUDA 387.99 would not initialize in Abobe apps.
I updated to 387.128 and everything is fine and fast.
Thanks! Apparently it's a bug in the app store version of geekbench. I haven't had a chance to install Adobe CC apps yet.

thanks for the great contribution!! :headbang::clap::thumbup::wave:

done mean to thread crap, but I have used webdriver.sh (via homebrew) to achieve something similar. But how does this script differ/better that that?:crazy: Usinig webdriver -l, I have to manually select .104 or .106 release as newer version beyond those does not work in my system.

Also curious, so how exactly is the drivers version blacklisted :banghead: nvidia admited to the screwup or general forum consensus?

Hi I ran this script after which I found that my webdriver ver 161 was downgraded to ver 106. Does that mean all drivers in between 106 and 161 are blacklisted ? and somehow not working properly and or affect system stability. Who decides what drivers get blacklisted ?? Feeling uneasy about this script without answer to these questions.
Thanks

Back