Contribute
Register

Nvidia GTX 760, It works, but not on 100% performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
okeey, but here is the thing:
with native driver use, there is no cuda support and i felt a bit slower than with the nvidia web
fcpx is has half of the speed of premiere pro, according to a real mac performance its need to be the opposite :D Final cut need to be way more faster and stable :)

i know that Windows will be faster in rendering a bit, but after a year win using, i would like to use macOS again :)

one more thing:
if i open chrome, the machine restarts :D i know, i should use safari, but is there a workaround for this?

spec:
Dell T5500
2x 6 core Intel Xeon (x5690)
48GB 1333 Mhz DDR3
High Sierra 10.13.3 on SSD
NVIDIA GTX 760 4GB
Up-to-date Clover
flags: dart=0, kext-dev-mode=1

thank you very much
cheers

Hi there.

FCPX works with OpenCL, the Apple’s OpenGL fork. And nvidia cuda is not compatible with apple programs but it is with adobe. So i thinks it’s normal for the half speed with fcpx instead of première with cuda.

If the web driver driver is working 100%, for performance I guess, you should using it instead of the native driver. And you have cuda with it (don’t forget to install the cuda pkg).

Then, it’s not normal that chrome reboots the computer when opening. Have you tried to reinstall OSX, how was the machine when it was Sierra or olders ? You should Better try to reinstall high Sierra with a clean install than configure nvidia web driver and check chrome fcpx première and others.

Sorry for my English, hope you understood ^^

Hi there.
I've just installed a clean OSX Sierra on my GAX79s Up5 with i7 3930k and EVGA GTX760.
Everything seems to be working fine after a bunch of adjustments in the config and EFI kext folders.
Unfortunately the GPU is extremely glitching and that's the only thing is missing to be perfectly working at the moment.
I'm booting with the required Clover bootloader from tonymac and I've installed the latest nvidia web driver for 10.12.6.
The GPU works either in NVDIA webdriver and OSX native, but in any case the grapgics is very glitching.
If I try to open a youtube video with firefox, for instance, it gets barely usable.
I've tested the multi monitor situation and there's no way to use multiple monitor either.
I only have monitors connected with DP, DVI and HDMI to the ports of the GTX760.
I've tried to put some kexts in EFI/CLOVER/KEXTS/OTHER like NvidiaGraphicsFixUp and Lilu found online with no luck.
It's a bit disappointing because coming from 5 years of hackintoshing on Mavericks, where everything worked like a charme, here on Sierra 10.12.6 it's kind of a bummer.
I've tried everything around, installed and re-installed OS 10.12 multiple times, started from a clean install with different options, but the problem still persists.
Am I doing something wrong?
Any help would be highly appreciated.
Thank you.
Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back