Contribute
Register

No sound after upgrade to 10.7.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
shame... this issue is not limited to the pc... now i cant watch movies on my apple tv, not with sound that is. same movies works fine on other pc's

i got the same problem with a Gigabyte Z68X-UD3-B3

got the latest multibeast and dsdt file... think i tried every combo of check marks in multibeast but no luck
Audio never works with trial and error. There is one selection that works. If the right one is not the one you tried first, audio will not work even if you finally get to the right choice. I can't tell you what you did wrong because your IOReg is corrupt. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg. Verify IOReg before posting.

Toleda I have attached my ioreg file after verifying it. I have lost my audio as well. At first the Finder kept freezing at random times and many times the CMOS would reset. I solved the CMOS reset by using the latest Multibeast and installing the latest version of AppleRTC.kext; however in solving that problem I lost audio (never could solve the freezing Finder problem). I tried upgrading to the latest versions of ALC8xxhda.kext, AppleHDA.kext, but nothing has worked. After reading your post about random selections I decided to ask for help from the experts.

Attachments

• ioreg.zip
    481.9 KB · Views: 77
Toleda I have attached my ioreg file after verifying it. I have lost my audio as well. At first the Finder kept freezing at random times and many times the CMOS would reset. I solved the CMOS reset by using the latest Multibeast and installing the latest version of AppleRTC.kext; however in solving that problem I lost audio (never could solve the freezing Finder problem). I tried upgrading to the latest versions of ALC8xxhda.kext, AppleHDA.kext, but nothing has worked. After reading your post about random selections I decided to ask for help from the experts.
Is there a S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext installed? If so, what version (Finder/File/Get Info)? Your IOReg does not show HDEF.

Verify IOReg before posting.

i did follow that guide... now how do i verify? did not seem to find instructions on that

btw my issues on the apple tv was not related to this, its was wrong meta tags that enabled both stereo and surround at the same time confusing the apple tv enough to disable audio, everything fine on apple tv

Interim - IORegistryExplorer.app_v3.0 is broken;

now it makes sense.... so i downloaded the old ver of ioreg and clicked file->save... closed ioreg and tried to open the saved file... then zipped it as we are not allowed to attached the output file

Attachments

• Bos Mac Pro.zip
    374.1 KB · Views: 73
now it makes sense.... so i downloaded the old ver of ioreg and clicked file->save... closed ioreg and tried to open the saved file... then zipped it as we are not allowed to attached the output file
Wrong audio enabler. The correct enabler is S/L/E/HDAEnabler889.kext. Delete any/all other enablers and ALC8xxHDA.kext. Run MultiBeast 5.0.2/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/Without DSDT/ALC889. If audio still does not work, fresh install and the same MultiBeast selection.

i thought the latest MultiBeast was 4.6.1, just got it 2 days ago

or let me correct... thought i should use MultiBeast 4.6.1 since i do only run lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back