Contribute
Register

No sound after upgrade to 10.7.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
or let me correct... thought i should use MultiBeast 4.6.1 since i do only run lion
OK, three selections
1. MultiBeast 4.6.1/Drivers & Bootloaders/Kexts & Enablers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/Non-DSDT Enabler/ALC889
2. MultiBeast 4.6.1/Drivers & Bootloaders/Kexts & Enablers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/Patched AppleHDA/ALC889
3. MultiBeast 4.6.1/System Utilities
Reply with IOReg.

-

Attachments

• Bos Mac Pro.zip
    339.2 KB · Views: 77
not that i have installed... hang on

there was... but for sure not something i have installed... maybe it has been there way back from when i first installed

Attachments

• DSDT.aml.zip
    8.2 KB · Views: 82
there was... but for sure not something i have installed... maybe it has been there way back from when i first installed
The dsdt is correct; better to leave it. That means the enabler you just installed and the enabler you did not remove earlier must be trashed. Delete S/L/E/HDAEnabler888.kext and HDAEnabler889.kext. It you see any other HDAEnabler, delete as well. If you do not find HDAEnabler888.kext, look in Extra/Extensions. Repair permissions and cache and reboot.

If you don't find the enabler, your system cannot be repaired and you need a clean install.

so i binned the 2 kext's, i know how to repair permissions, thats via multibeast right? but what about cache?

and should i redo the install of kext like the 3 selection list you provided a few steps up? and if should i do that before or after reboot?

so i binned the 2 kext's, i know how to repair permissions, thats via multibeast right? but what about cache?

and should i redo the install of kext like the 3 selection list you provided a few steps up? and if should i do that before or after reboot?
Run Step 3 (above) to repair permissions and rebuilt cache and then restart. For future installs or software updates, do steps 2 and 3 (above). Step 1 is unnecessary with a dsdt.

thanks a big bunch, sound is now back.... started to fear a need for re-install

a big side note... can you explain why i cant get dual screens to work? as soon i attach a 2nd monitor the system kinds of locks up and only way is to remove 2nd monitor and cut the power... if 2nd monitor is on during boot the system hangs with just a grey screen

ps maybe edit title of first post so to reflect that enabler issues could be solved this way.. seems a lot have trouble like me

On a whim I booted my computer up into windows 7 and tested the audio in that OS. No audio in Windows either...hmmmmm

So I download version F5 of my MB's BIOS and reinstalled it and now I have audio in both Windows and Mac!

Looks like my problem was a corrupt BIOS.

To answer your question, I did not have AppleHDA installed, but I do now, the patched version. Here's the latest IOREQ snapshot...

**edit**
Ok, looks like I have traded audio for CMOS resets. I have loaded the AppleRTC.kext and did the system utilities but have experienced random freezes followed by CMOS resets. At least I have my audio :(

Attachments

• IOREG.zip
    566.7 KB · Views: 75
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back