Contribute
Register

No sound after upgrade to 10.7.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ran MB 4.7.... now it will not boot, I get this screen.
Operator error. Audio did not cause the KP. Changing the sysdef to macpro5,1 in MB caused the problem. Fresh install or remove S/L/E/AppleTyMCEDriver.kext.

Operator error. Audio did not cause the KP. Changing the sysdef to macpro5,1 in MB caused the problem. Fresh install or remove S/L/E/AppleTyMCEDriver.kext.

ahh I figured it was an OE.... I should have left it alone, it was working... I guess fresh install. I can't get to the S/L/E/AppleTyMCEDriver.kext file with out booting up.

Time to make space for a clone, and plan on testing... before going to ML....

Reinstalled Lion, had to do it twice for some reason, after the first time I would get the restart greyed out screen after a minute. Then I upgraded to 10.7.5 with the system updater, lost sound of course, ran MB 4.3 and got it back, I believe my MB set up is from Gordo. using a DSDT file also.

Today moving things around on drives and trashed a bunch of old stuff so I can set up a copy/clone of my start up to play with as I plan on going to Mountain Lion soon.

What should I use to copy clone the start up? or should I post that else where? I also have some questions about kext, where do you get them, etc...

So I tried deleting the audio files, I don't know how I looked into finder and then typed system in the search bar, I do t know where to go from here, and I don't know how to delet the audio kxts, so I tried by just installing all the audio files off of mb, now I can't boot into osx!! It freezes on the grey screen. My motherboard is the gigabyte z77n wifi

So I tried deleting the audio files, I don't know how I looked into finder and then typed system in the search bar, I do t know where to go from here, and I don't know how to delet the audio kxts, so I tried by just installing all the audio files off of mb, now I can't boot into osx!! It freezes on the grey screen. My motherboard is the gigabyte z77n wifi
Big mistake. Fresh install. There is only one audio choice that works on your system. Simple research (i.e., the manual) says the codec is an ALC892. To install 892 audio for Lion, MultiBeast 4.7 or newer - Select/Drivers & Bootloaders/Drivers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/Without DSDT/ALC892

Thanks so much for your help! Kind of didn't realize having all those extra HDAEnablerxxx files would cause the conflict. Thanks!!

Thanks toleda,it worked for me! After upgrading to 10.7.5 lost sound, deleted all HDAenabler and installed MultiBeast 4.7 - Select/Drivers & Bootloaders/Drivers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/Without DSDT/ALC889 then premier pro aked for java se 6 runtime but ethernet failed so I installed Realtek network via MB 4.7......everything works fine! Thanks again!

Audio never works with trial and error. There is one selection that works. If the right one is not the one you tried first, audio will not work even if you finally get to the right choice. I can't tell you what you did wrong because your IOReg is corrupt. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg. Verify IOReg before posting.

Does it matter if you delete the HDA files and then try trial and error? I can't seem to make audio work either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back