Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello, everyone!

i'm trying to get Hackintosh on my china NUC clone.
All is ok except when i enable IGPU acceleration. I got no screen.
As Opencore guide says, i tried two settings:

AAPL,ig-platform-id: 07009B3E
framebuffer-patch-enable: 01000000
framebuffer-stolenmem: 00003001

and i tried also alternative platform-id: 00009B3E with same result.

The strange things is that IGPU acceleration works. Using vnc connection through share screen, i can see properties inside sys info/Graphics/monitor which acceleration seems works.

If i start OS with boot param -igfxvesa HDMI works but obviously without acceleration.

What can i do to enable HDMI on acceleration mode ?

Thanks for all helps

Attachments

• config.plist
    39.1 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot 2021-07-15 at 21.35.27.png
    Screenshot 2021-07-15 at 21.35.27.png
    847.9 KB · Views: 47
Try adding device-id=9B3E0000 to your config.plist under DeviceProperties for the IGPU.

Using this fake ID for the IGPU is recommended for Laptops and NUC's that use AAPL,ig-platform-id: 07009B3E, when the UHD 630 doesn't have the fully supported 0x3E98 device id.

You might want to look at the kexts you are using for HDMI audio, AppleALC.kext and WhateverGreen.kext should deal with this device and audio. So the FakePCIID kexts are usually not required.

You have a number of kexts and patches in your config.plist that are set with 'Enabled=False' If you don't need the patches or kexts, remove them from the config and the OC folder.

Using -igfxvesa defeats the object, as it will set your IGPU to VESA mode. Best not to use this option.

Just a heads up.
you should be following the Laptop OC guide when configuring a NUC, whether that be an Intel NUC or a Chinese knock-off.
Based on this fact, your config.plist has been configured as if it were a desktop system, this is wrong. Also using the iMac20,1 SMBIOS with your NUC is wrong. You should be using the macmini8,1 SMBIOS.

Adding device-id=9B3E0000 i got the same result.

This is the new cleaned config.plist corrected with Laptop OC guide for Comet Lake, with macmini8,1 as you suggested, but nothing changed. I attach OC log, and EFI folder, if is useful.

I don't know what to try anymore

Attachments

• config.plist
    18.8 KB · Views: 36
  • opencore-2021-07-16-100856.txt
    256 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

This is the new cleaned config.plist corrected with Laptop OC guide for Comet Lake, with macmini8,1 as you suggested, but nothing changed. I attach OC log, and EFI folder, if is useful.

What chipset is your NUC clone? Z490, Z590 etc. ?

Attachments

• aida64Report.txt
    467.7 KB · Views: 36
Its hard to answer, this is an attachment of AIDA64 report with Motherboard and Display

Windows 10 Device Manager should tell you.

The reason I ask is because the newer 500-series Intel chipsets + a Comet Lake iGPU will not give accelerated display output. The 400-series is fine. (Don't get confused with "headless" working).

You need to add the following to your current IGPU settings:

Key: framebuffer-patch-enable
Value: 01000000
Type: DATA

Key: framebuffer-stolennem
Value: 00003001

Key: framebuffer-unifiedmem
Value: 00000080

Key: framebuffer-fbmem
Value: 00009000

By adding these properties it will enable the IGPU’s VRAM which will enable the acceleration. This is what I’ve essentially done with my Z490 Comet Lake build.

You need to add the following to your current IGPU settings:

Key: framebuffer-patch-enable
Value: 01000000

Key: framebuffer-stolennem
Value: 00003001

Key: framebuffer-unifiedmem
Value: 00000080

Key: framebuffer-fbmem
Value: 00009000

By adding these properties it will enable the IGPU’s VRAM which will enable the acceleration. This is what I’ve essentially done with my Z490 Comet Lake build.
unless you can set DVMT to 64MB in bios then those are not needed :)

unless you can set DVMT to 64MB in bios then those are not needed :)
Here are necessary because on my bios these are my GPU settings: No settings

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-07-16 at 14.12.50.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-07-16 at 14.12.50.jpeg
    259.2 KB · Views: 35
Windows 10 Device Manager should tell you.

The reason I ask is because the newer 500-series Intel chipsets + a Comet Lake iGPU will not give accelerated display output. The 400-series is fine. (Don't get confused with "headless" working).
I found difficult to find chipset version. Which is the voice that i have to search on device manager ?

I also have a DP port but for now without cable. I have to buy it. Do you thing that the result should the same ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back