1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
[Solved] No HDMI audio after 10.9.2 update

Updated to 10.9.2 today. Expected the normal need to replace the Realtek driver (I use the analog I/O for recording and a headset mic), but this time around my DSDT enabled HDMI audio device didn't come back. I will note I've been using the same DSDT since 10.8, and the HDMI audio "enable" lines were added following a guide for 10.8 way back in 2012. However this has been working fine all the way through 10.8, and after the update to 10.9 and 10.9.1.

I've tried a full install from Multibeast (as if I had just installed OSX), but no change. Any thoughts, suggestions, or solutions are much appreciated.

EDIT: I guess the method of patching the DSDT from 2012 was just too old. I ended up disabling my old DSDT, and grabbing a fresh one off the motherboard. Then I applied the latest HDMI audio patches. Switched to that DSDT and bam, HDMI audio back. On a side note, this makes me wonder if the reason people with 2011 macs are losing HDMI audio after 10.9.2, is because Apple removed some old way of communicating to the motherboard for HDMI audio.

Same problem here after today's 10.9.2 update.
I've been using a DSDT enabled HDMI audio just for my Gigabyte GT640 and up until 10.9.2 worked perfectly. Now it doesn't appear as a selection in the audio output list.

Tried to remove the custom DSDT but no fix.

I also believe the problem has to do with the 10.9.2 update from Apple. Something has changed as Apple customers have started to complain for HDMI audio problems on official hardware:
https://discussions.apple.com/message/24989302?tstart=0#24989302?tstart=0
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5944563?tstart=0

How did you grab a new DSDT for your motherboard? Can you please pass a hint, post or the guide you followed?

Updated to 10.9.2 today.
I've tried a full install from Multibeast
Any thoughts, suggestions, or solutions are much appreciated.
10.9.2 HDMI audio: no technical issues
No HDMI audio likely user error after Software Update

The technique for enabling OS X HDMI audio has not changed since 10.6.5. There are no outdated HDMI edited dsdts. In all versions of 10.8 and 10.9, HDMI audio works with the native AppleHDA.

Users break HDMI Audio with MultiBeast/ALC8xx/Without DSDT. The difference between With DSDT and Without DSDT is S/L/E/HDAEnabler1.kext or HDAEnabler2.kext. The enabler kext disables HDMI audio.

Fix:
1. Remove S/L/E/HDAEnabler1.kext or HDAEnabler2.kext
2. Wait 2 minutes (automatic cache rebuild)
3. Restart.

MultiBeast/Audio/ALCxxx HDMI audio Rule:
With HDMI, With DSDT

HI again Toleda,
updated to 10.9.2 and system gung at black screen,
so i reinstalled Mav 10.9.1
was able to successfully install 10.9.2 update but when i went to reinstall hdmi sound,
cleaned dsdt, applied A1 patch, place in extras,
though my DSDT.dsl tells me there are no errors so I save it to the desktop, so then I change the extension to dsdt.AML then the compiler tells me there are three errors in it?
ran both cmd patches
after I apply the patches and perform reboot, the terminals tells me the patches have been restored?

Also now I have noticed there are new audio devices listed after the update?
i am not sure where I am going wrong?
should I have reinstalled Mav10.91 and got sound going before I applied the 10.9.2 update?
please see screen shots
Is this saveable or perhaps I need to start install again from scratch? Screen Shot 2014-03-01 at 6.20.13 pm.jpg
I hope you can help
cheers

I hope you can help
For the last time, do not ask a bunch of question about files that are not attached. Understand, the screenshot is completely useless. Last point, the black screen is not an HDMI audio problem, it is an installation problem.

HI again Toleda,
updated to 10.9.2 and system gung at black screen,
so i reinstalled Mav 10.9.1
was able to successfully install 10.9.2 update but when i went to reinstall hdmi sound,
cleaned dsdt, applied A1 patch, place in extras,
though my DSDT.dsl tells me there are no errors so I save it to the desktop, so then I change the extension to dsdt.AML then the compiler tells me there are three errors in it?
ran both cmd patches
after I apply the patches and perform reboot, the terminals tells me the patches have been restored?

Also now I have noticed there are new audio devices listed after the update?
i am not sure where I am going wrong?
should I have reinstalled Mav10.91 and got sound going before I applied the 10.9.2 update?
please see screen shots
Is this saveable or perhaps I need to start install again from scratch?View attachment 85403
I hope you can help
cheers

Your picture shows a DSDT that DOES have errors, and simply renaming the extension won't work either. It has to be saved as .aml from within the DSDT editor. You need to get that clean with no errors before you even start thinking about the HDMI stuff.

Ok sorry mate
i get it
will post files next time, i was not sure where i was going wrong to get errors in the DSDT
Have re-started install (again) to work with a fresh dsdt
will work attempt to work it out
hopefully i can get it working again
thanks again for your time
just relax mate
cheers

I have reinstalled Mav 10.9.2 again for the 5th time today
i seem to keep getting the same results
can you have a look at this file for me please?
cheers
View attachment DSDT.aml

I have reinstalled Mav 10.9.2 again for the 5th time today
i seem to keep getting the same results
can you have a look at this file for me please?
cheers
View attachment 85418

This is not the same DSDT.

The one in your pic had errors showing, this one has only warnings and remarks.

Hey WonkeyD
yeah its the DSDT after the new reinstall I have just performed (again)
i apply the cmd patches after creation of that particular DSDT
restart, the system restarts with no issues but stil no sound
the errors i am getting is after I have performed the restart?
please see attached fileView attachment dsdt.zip

thanks for your time mate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back