Contribute
Register

No Display/USB after wake on 10.11

Status
Not open for further replies.
its part of tony's post installation tools with clover for el capitan after the OS installation

The installation of the essential package of Tonymac you have to do only once during post installation. Once installed, if you have problems you will have to ask for help in the post-installation section.

Cheers

Same here with R9 280, I'll look into this more deeply later. Can confirm it's definitely AMD related, swapping in a Nvidia card solves the problem.

I have a genuine MacPro which isn't affected (if I remember correctly, didn't throw the AMD card in yet), I'll compare ioreg later.

EDIT: Attached ioreg dumps. Genuine MacPro isn't affected, no matter if you use injection or auto-init.

Attachments

• ioreg.zip
    322.3 KB · Views: 110
Additionally, I sometimes get random reboots when viewing web pages with flash content on them in El Capitan, so used CCC to return a Yosemite install image to one of my boot drives. The pain about dual booting with Yosemite and El Capitan is that for Yosemite I need MacPro6,2 in my config.plist and for El Capitan, I need iMac11,2, otherwise Safari crashes. The work around was to put a second incidence of the Clover EFI boot partition on a USB drive and select which to boot from in the bios menu.

Interestingly, where I had found that El Capitan seemed speedier than Yosemite, reinstating a the clean Yosemite image, with roughly the same number of apps installed on both, and booting form it, Yosemite seemed particularly sprightly, too. All a bit unscientific because I haven't benchmarked but I was part way not looking forward going back to Yosemite but now feel comparatively happy that I did. I wonder if there are some differences in the latest Clover that are making the difference.

Re El Capitan and sleep. On suggestion, I tried changing the number of video ports in my clover config.plist but it made no difference to the black screen problem, in my case.

I've got the same problem with Gigabyte R9 280X Windforce. I hope it will be fixed soon.

With my setup what's odd if I boot into safe mode and put computer to sleep it wakes correctly even my monitor, no black screen. I'm using the same DSDT from yosemite is there any incompatibility with capitan. This has been so far the most challenging hackinstosh experience

With my setup what's odd if I boot into safe mode and put computer to sleep it wakes correctly even my monitor, no black screen. I'm using the same DSDT from yosemite is there any incompatibility with capitan. This has been so far the most challenging hackinstosh experience

I can confirm that it works in safe mode. I don't have a DSDT.

Did anyone got it fixed on OS X 10.11.1 ?

After update to 10.11.1, once I got video to wake up after sleep. All other times, I can still get video after sleep using control + ⏏. My graphics card is shown as 4800 in system report, not 4870 as it was shown in Yosemite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back