Contribute
Register

No Display/USB after wake on 10.11

Status
Not open for further replies.
to wake from sleep with keyboard you must do Ctrl+F12 try holding it down together for a second, a screen for sleep should pop up, put it to sleep, wait for everything to "shut down" then do same keys again, under nvidia gtx 760 this works.

LISTEN TO THEANDY94 ok so i did use what he said, but keep this in mind, it will sleep, it will wake, but you need to press a random keyboard button twice, the first touch of mouse or keyboard wakes the system, the second time will in fact wake the screen, but you need to modify the bios setting first to use IGPU. now on nvidia hardware which i have does work, as far as any other 700 series nvidia's not sure and never used a radon so can't speak of it.

ok well back usb 3.0 ports don't work after sleep, but hey screen can work with two key strokes, thats something.

edit never mind: 2 ports that i thought did not work were being used in front of machine by using a bios switch

Last edited:
Converted Dell Precision T5500 to El Capitan 10.11.6
Works fine, apart from graphics wake up from sleep. Using nVidia 210 DVI
NO matter how many times I tap random keys on keyboard...

Edit
Graphics DOES WAKE UP, but it takes ~ 4 minutes

Last edited:
Hi, sorry to cover old ground but has anyone fixed the "no display after wake from sleep" issue in El Capitan?

I think i am using a fairly standard build set of components that worked fine in Yosemite but since upgrading to El Capitan its only waking the display after the system goes to sleep that i can't find a fix for. I have tried and resorted to hibernating the system rather than sleep as this seems to wake the display but its not a perfect solution for me. I have not tried Sierra yet but wondered if anyone had and did the sleep function work?

TIA

Sorry re-posting as my Signature system details were very out of date :)

Hi, sorry to cover old ground but has anyone fixed the "no display after wake from sleep" issue in El Capitan?
I think i am using a fairly standard build set of components that worked fine in Yosemite but since upgrading to El Capitan its only waking the display after the system goes to sleep that i can't find a fix for. I have tried and resorted to hibernating the system rather than sleep as this seems to wake the display but its not a perfect solution for me. I have not tried Sierra yet but wondered if anyone had and did the sleep function work?

TIA

Sorry petrosgarly, but the problem lies within the AMD Graphics Drivers and there is currently no solution known to fix this.
There are only workarounds, which will need you to boot with the intel graphics from your CPU, use the search function to find how to do this.
The Problem persists in Sierra and will probably not be fixed very soon.
Someone would have to reverse engineer the amd driver just to find out what exactly is causing the problem.
And even if we know this we don't know how hard or easy it would be to fix it.
Currently it is recommended to use NVIDIA Cards or settle with always having to shut down your Mac.

Greets,
theandy

Sorry petrosgarly, but the problem lies within the AMD Graphics Drivers and there is currently no solution known to fix this.
There are only workarounds, which will need you to boot with the intel graphics from your CPU, use the search function to find how to do this.
The Problem persists in Sierra and will probably not be fixed very soon.
Someone would have to reverse engineer the amd driver just to find out what exactly is causing the problem.
And even if we know this we don't know how hard or easy it would be to fix it.
Currently it is recommended to use NVIDIA Cards or settle with always having to shut down your Mac.

Greets,
theandy

Thanks theandy,

I switched to a Nvidia G210 GFX card i had and sleep now works as expected.

Thanks again

Petrosgarly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back