Motherboard
Gigabyte Z270P-D3-CF
CPU
i5-7600K
Graphics
GT 710
Mac
  1. iMac
I have had a Clover-Mac on my i5 for a while, I began with Sierra then upgraded to High Sierra. Everything was working well (even on my linux and windows installs).

The only hiccup I had, was my previous external graphics card (AMD Radeon) wasn't really supported, although it displayed fine in linux and Windows. So I bought another (nVidia) and luckily, it worked straight away.
Anyway my hardware is:
- Gigabyte motherboard (internal audio, graphics, ethernet)
- Intel i5 CPU
- External nVidia video card
- (not relevant) 16 GB memory, 120 GB SSD [boot] + 2x500 GB HDD

Unfortunately, I upgraded to Mojave. At first it said I don't have enough storage space, but then I made more available. (So I moved files and created symbolic links). Then my audio didn't work, but was fine before. So I mounted the EFI and put a different version kext and rebooted - no change.

But that wasn't the worst: Then I decided to upgrade clover boot (from 4411 to 4722) also clover configurater. Now it won't boot at all - well the BIOS tells it to load Clover from EFI and like before it says things like "... scan hardware ...", then my theme and the boot volume appear, then -after selection- nothing. I rebooted many times with a variety of boot options as well - no change.

How can I get my Mac to boot again? (When I can see, I'll try to reinstate the audio.)

Probably a missing memory fix driver in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ (common problem with newer Clover releases).
Use AptioMemoryFix-64.efi.
Make sure that you remove any OsxAptioFixDrv, OsxAptioFix2Drv, OsxAptioFix3Drv or OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.

Most people only need :

ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi (or apfs.efi)
AptioMemoryFix-64.efi
FSInject-64.efi
HFSPlus.efi (or vboxhfs-64-efi)

so make sure that you have at least these four.

Please read and comply with the rules, in particular the one regarding profiles.
Link to profile

Thanks. Better profile coming...

Now I have booted to my Mac! Thanks for the advise. Missing EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/AptioMemoryFix-64.efi
----
But now I'm (only) half-way there. My audio won't work as before.
Before I go searching, I think need to know thing things like: do I have Kale Baby, Chipset, etc.. How can find answers to these?

Otherwise is there a common element that is missing since Mojave and Clover 4722?

Attachments

• AptioMemoryFix-64.efi
    27.7 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
My audio won't work as before.
For assistance with Audio you should post in the Audio forum.
Read the 'sticky' guides first and be sure to comply with the Problem Reporting instructions or you will not get any help.

Before I go searching, I think need to know thing things like: do I have Kale Baby, Chipset, etc.. How can find answers to these?
No idea what you mean by this.

I downloaded the latest lilu.kext and set the audio layout to detect (it detected 2). Then the audio device showed. I selected 'built-in' as the output device and I can hear sound again.

BTW, it takes around two minutes to boot: about one minute from BIOS to boot-volume-select, then another minute before the Mac desktop is shown. In between selecting the boot volume and when the apple shows, the screen goes blank (for about 30sec - included in above time). Does anyone know why and how to fix?

PS The last post was mistyped, my CPU is Kaby Lake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back