Graphics
AMD Radeon HD 6670
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I updated to 10.8.3 yesterday without issue, but I had forgotten to reset my Audio in MultiBeast so this morning I did that. After I restarted the computer it now will not give me anything. No grey Apple screen, no color wheel - nothing. I can get to the Chimera screen to choose my boot options and flags, etc but nothing gives me any success. I have a feeling I messed up with the MultiBeast install of my Audio with something in the DSDT, but I'm unsure how to even get back to my computer if I can't get to the grey Apple screen. I'm not experienced in this by any means, but I do have some knowledge of ways I could have messed up. Is there a way to install Mountain Lion fresh on the computer without losing anything on my hard drive? I have another real mac which I can create drives and things but how can I install ML again on this hackintosh without losing anything?

Thanks!

what you have to do is use the USB bootloader (the one you used to install ML) and boot into your main drive when the selection appears. After that reinstall the latest version of Chimera and everything should be fine. What happened was when you ran multibeast it installed an out-of-date version of the bootloader over your current one causing the boot problems. Hope this helps, post your results

what you have to do is use the USB bootloader (the one you used to install ML) and boot into your main drive when the selection appears. After that reinstall the latest version of Chimera and everything should be fine. What happened was when you ran multibeast it installed an out-of-date version of the bootloader over your current one causing the boot problems. Hope this helps, post your results

Did this work for you, i'm having a similar problem. thanks.

I lost that flash drive so I'm having to create another one to try and get it all to work. Once I get ML installed on the flash drive again would i run UniBeast and install ML as I had previously done or what do I do after I get the "Install ML" onto the flash drive thru UniBeast?

Booting Issues - No Boot after update - Help Needed -

Okay so here's what I've done so far: I've tried to reinstall fresh Mountain Lion and after the completion of installation I still cannot boot.

When at the screen when choosing what to boot (verbose, ignore caches, single user, etc) The top of the screen says
"Darwin/x86 boot v.5.0.132 - Chimera v.1.11.1 r1394
Build date: 2012-08-08 21:15:51
8109 memory"

Is there a way to install the newest version of Chimera that would allow me to boot from a flash drive or any other way? Or could someone explain to me the what-should-be-basic How to boot from a flash drive. I see that stated all over the site that it works, but I maybe don't understand why or how it does or if that's an option for me at this point.... please explain!

Don't know if this helps anyone with my problems. Any insight would help! Thanks!

I think you misunderstood my directions. When you reach the chimera screen you will see two drives to boot from, one is the drive ML is installed on, the other is the app to install ML. Choose the drive that your ML is installed on and it should allow you to boot into it. From there install Multibeast and install the latest version of Chameleon right before the restart. Hope this helps

I can't do anything like that. Whenever I choose the drive ML is installed on it goes black for a second, flashes and then the system restarts. it cycles through this process infinitely until I stop it

SOLVED No Boot after update

I think you misunderstood my directions. When you reach the chimera screen you will see two drives to boot from, one is the drive ML is installed on, the other is the app to install ML. Choose the drive that your ML is installed on and it should allow you to boot into it. From there install Multibeast and install the latest version of Chameleon right before the restart. Hope this helps

DID IT! Finally it let me into the drive and I got into Chimera and installed it again - booted just perfectly after the restart!! Audio was still not working so I installed the audio driver, restarted - screen went blank again - booted with the flash drive, WORKED, installed Chimera fresh 2.0.1 and now everything works perfectly

THANKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back