Contribute
Register

Need some guidance on osx ML install+multibeast using gigabyte Geforce GTX 650 TI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
hackintosh
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 650 Ti 2G
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
This is my first post and i gotta say i couldn't have done it with out this site and everyones guidance, Thank You. Here is where i need some help. Everything went well at first. I had a successful install of ML 8.2 and multi-beast (W/Out GPU installed). I then tried to change my system profile from MacPro 3,1 to 5,1 within multi-beast in order to get my GPU working (i read this was needed in order for the 650 TI to be recognized) i only installed that one setting and restarted and now when i boot i get the white apple logo with a (\) box and nothing will allow me to get past that, i can only get into safe mode. Some guidance on how to get past this issue (or start install over) and maybe some help with my 650 Ti install would be much appreciated.

Thank You

Im working with a Z77X-UD5H MB and Gigabyte GTX 650 Ti

Hi pbw147,

Welcome to the forum, and hope you enjoy the stay here! :D

Regarding your problem, it should be simple. If you get into Safe Mode, try to install the AppleAPCIPlatform.kext rollback from Multibeast.
That should stop your system from crashing. If not, use -v to check and make a note - perhaps post a screenshot to see what is causing your system to crash.

You say to use Mac Pro 3,1 definition, but you are using an Ivy Bridge board, so Mac Pro 3,1 is incorrect. If you can, just use Mac Pro 5,1. You can reselect and install this with Multibeast, because the GTX650Ti should work.

If you still have problems and need to reinstall OSX via the Nvidia and Unibeast USB, try this string at the bootprompt:

-v -x GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x2000

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the help i had to start osx install over but i have a much better idea about how to avoid KP issues when trying to install GPU. Im still struggling to get my GPU recongized but I find my stock graphics i7 4000 to be very capable for my purposes at the moment ( light FCP/aperture editing) and i have read that 8.3 is likely to support my card so i might wait and see if that works.
For some reason my fresh install is taking up 30 GBs of storage and i have trim support for my SSD.

Thanks Again!

Originally Posted by m2002briguy
I've found a very simple way to install these drivers on a "Mac Mini 5.1" system (or iMac, but has been tested with Macmini).

1. download the drivers from: http://www.nvidia.com/object/macosx-...02-driver.html

2. Mount "Retail-304.00.05f02-macosx.dmg"

3. Drag "304.00.05f02 Web Release" to the desktop

4. Right Click "304.00.05f02 Web Release" and "get info"

5. make sure you have read/write access and close info window

6. Right Click "304.00.05f02 Web Release" again and "Show Package Contents"

7. Go to Contents > "Distribution.dist" and open with "Text Edit"

8. Find the Line var system_models = ["MacPro3,1", "MacPro4,1", "MacPro5,1"];
and replace it with var system_models = ["Macmini5,1", "MacPro4,1", "MacPro5,1"];
(obviously if you're running an imac profile use that instead of macmini5,1, or just replace one of the other Macpro models)

9. Save, Exit, Install Package

This above method is how I got my GTX 650 Ti working. I followed the instruction with the GPU out of the computer. I also changed graphics in the BIOS to Peg Auto. Once the nVidia drivers were successfully installed I installed GPU and booted computer. Everything was detected correctly!

To enable GPU Cuda In CS6 I used this tutorial: http://youtu.be/N8nUuHzxv-U

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back