Contribute
Register

Need Install Help! Gigabyte Z97-D3H --- i7-4790k --- Gigabyte R9280X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jinjamal, Jithin.C.V knows way more than I do so I'll let him continue to help you as required. But I built a system 6 weeks ago with the following parts:
intel i5 4590
gigabyte h97m-d3h mobo
msi r9 280x oc
16gb kingston hyper fury x 1600mhz ddr3
2 x crucial 250gb ssd

Apple peripherals, iogear bluetooth. extra hdd etc

The 280x does work out of the box (oob) but sometimes needs the efi partition (oob in hackintosh terms means no need for extra drivers, kexts etc, not the same as absolutely nothing needed - which I like you didn;t know, lol). My mobo uses 90% same components as yours (you have alc 1150 codec and intel Ethernet but they're very similar). As such, you 'should' be able to get the system to work near flawlessly (I only have some minor issues with losing sound after sleep - which I have partially fixed).

Your first post error is called a boot gibberish error, and as you were correctly pointed towards, following that guide and installing an efi partition should have fixed it.

Just to let you know what I did:
1. Follow the guide to set the bios as it says (load defaults, vt-d disabled, onboard graphics DISABLED, os = other). Install os yosemite via usb (I needed the -x (safe mode) boot flag).
2. Multibeast: chose dsdt free, intel ssd, trim option, audio and ethernet codecs and that was it. Left all other options as default.
3. Rebooted, got into yosemite via usb, then added the efi partition following the guide.

I then went and installed windows (non uefi installation) on the other ssd.

I can now dual through chimera - boot up takes 10s for yosemite, 12s for windows. All peripherals (magic mouse, apple keyboard, bluetooth etc) are working flawlessly.

I see you have your system working which is great, but just wanted to add that dsdt free unibeast/multibeast installation for me at least, works extremely well.

Thanks very much for the info. I believe mine is actually fully working now on the EFI partition except for not being able to install the ssdt for proper cpu states, although I am wondering what made you choose to add the "intel ssd" and "trim" options. I didn't use those.

Okay thanks, well I am using SSD, so should I install it?

Yes you required the patch. If you are running 10.10.1/10.10.2 then you can use the patch from Multibeast.

If you are running 10.10.3 then you have to manually do this, follow the below steps,

Run the codes on Terminal, Reboot and check the TRIM Support

Code:
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x00\x41\x50\x50\x4c\x45\x20\x53\x53\x44\x00|\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00|' /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/MacOS/IOAHCIBlockStorage

Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

Source : http://www.tonymacx86.com/os-x-updates/161314-os-x-10-10-3-update-6.html#post1017430

Thank you Jithin,

Now I have another question. I prefer to use clover because it installs automatically on the EFI partition and therefore my 280x graphics card works immediately.

However, when I use multibeast to install then I can choose many drivers and kexts, how can I install the same options using clover? The clover installer has less options and the guide only helps to install the basics.

Finally, what do you recommend for me? Clover or Multibeast?

Thank you Jithin,

Now I have another question. I prefer to use clover because it installs automatically on the EFI partition and therefore my 280x graphics card works immediately.

However, when I use multibeast to install then I can choose many drivers and kexts, how can I install the same options using clover? The clover installer has less options and the guide only helps to install the basics.

Finally, what do you recommend for me? Clover or Multibeast?

If you are not aware of the clover, then first make a clover bootable USB and try to boot into OS X partition with your USB. Once you came to know that everything is working fine with clover then you can install the clover to HDD and make it as permanent boot loader. Follow the below linked guide for making testing bootable USB with clover.

GUIDE : http://www.tonymacx86.com/alternate-bootloaders/127134-test-drive-how-create-clover-usb.html

clover does not contain any driver for you hardware, all the required kexts need to be installed manually or from Multibeast(if available). config.plist is the configuration file for clover as like Chimera's org.chameleon.boot.plist file.

Read more about config.plist structure here : http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration#Config.plist-structure

I have successfully installed and booted using clover. I can't find information on how to install the drivers/kexts afterwards. What is the best way to do this, you mentioned I could do it using multibeast?

I have successfully installed and booted using clover. I can't find information on how to install the drivers/kexts afterwards. What is the best way to do this, you mentioned I could do it using multibeast?

If the kext are available with Multibeast then you can install it from Multibeast. Otherwise find the kext and install it.

Now what are the hardwares are enabled?? What all are you want to enable now??

I am not sure what kexts I really need, I plan to use these multibeast settings which I found from somebody with the same motherboard:
Quick Start > DSDT Free
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC1150
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.9.1315
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.9.1315 Plugins
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.9.1315 HWMonitor Application
Drivers > Intel > AppleIntelE1000e v3.1.0
Drivers > System > AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset

Maybe I don't need some of these if already using clover, please let me know.

I will install TRIM Enabler because I am using Samsung Pro 128GB SSD.
Do I need anything else?

Also, when I install these using multibeast should I install to EFI partition or to SSD with OSX?

I am not sure what kexts I really need, I plan to use these multibeast settings which I found from somebody with the same motherboard:
Quick Start > DSDT Free
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC1150
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.9.1315
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.9.1315 Plugins
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.9.1315 HWMonitor Application
Drivers > Intel > AppleIntelE1000e v3.1.0
Drivers > System > AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset

Maybe I don't need some of these if already using clover, please let me know.

While installation of CLOVER, If you had copied the FakeSMC.ket to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10/ then you can avoid the FakeSMC from Multibeat selection.

Drivers > System > AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset, this is not required clover have this patch. Enable AppleRTC on config.plist.

I will install TRIM Enabler because I am using Samsung Pro 128GB SSD.
Do I need anything else?

Multibeast 7.2's TRIM patch will not work on 10.10.3. Follow the post#44 for enabling TRIM

Also, when I install these using multibeast should I install to EFI partition or to SSD with OSX?

From multibeast you are only installing the kexts so select OS X partition. Also do not select and install Chimera from Multibeast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back