Graphics
Gigabyte R9-280X
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So i follow this guide (I have i7-4790K but same mobo, and trying to install with my 280x): http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...-i7-4790-gtx-770-16gb-yosemite-10-10-1-a.html

I install with unibeast and install multibeast successfully and everything goes well until I try to boot from SSD. Then I get this error:

IMG_0590.jpg

Please help me sort this out! I don't know what to do, I've been searching online but most answers just point to the other similar looking problem of needing to make your drive 4k or something like that. I've tried that too but it's clearly not the same problem.

Any light you can shed upon this would be amazing.
thanks

currently re-installing from usb, will post back with results. While waiting I was checking out this: http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/93318-amd-radeon-hd-7xxx-graphics-support-os-x-10-8-3-a.html

Is this outdated information? Because clearly some people have been able to use these out of the box more recently, it makes me wonder why I'm having a problem in the first place, did I just happen to get a motherboard that is causing this issue? I basically bought the 280X after reading many posts saying how great it was that it works without any setup.

Sorry mate, just got a bit confused here,

STEP 4: COPY FILES TO EFI PARTITION

Drag your current /Extra file to your EFI Partition. Alternately, install basic boot options, system definition, and theme from MultiBeast. If this is a fresh installation, you'll also need to install FakeSMC to your main hard drive.

I already installed all that stuff with Multibeast before I started this. What exactly do I need to do here? And how do I install FakeSMC to my main Hard Drive?

Sorry mate, just got a bit confused here,

STEP 4: COPY FILES TO EFI PARTITION

Drag your current /Extra file to your EFI Partition. Alternately, install basic boot options, system definition, and theme from MultiBeast. If this is a fresh installation, you'll also need to install FakeSMC to your main hard drive.

I already installed all that stuff with Multibeast before I started this. What exactly do I need to do here? And how do I install FakeSMC to my main Hard Drive?

FakeSMC is a kext which will install Multibeast normally.

You just move the /Extra folder.

I've just completed it, rebooted with the Drive appearing as the only boot option (removed usb) and saw brief loading of yosemite on the chimera (multibeast?) boot screen but am stuck on apple logo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back