Contribute
Register

Need Install Help! Gigabyte Z97-D3H --- i7-4790k --- Gigabyte R9280X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Done and still getting stuck on Apple logo on boot from hdd. Booted the "dart=0 npci=0x2000 -x -f -v"
and got same error as last error.

Done the repair disk permissions & rebuild caches with Kext Wizard??

Scratch that, it wasn't disabled! It's booting now :D How can I know if its working properly?

What you want to know? I couldn't understand what you mean by the above question.

It's okay, everything is working well thank you!

I just want to know, I have an ssdt file for stock i7-4790k (found it online). Should I use this file to make the system perform better? And if I want to use it, do I just need to copy it to the location or do I need to install it through multibeast, how can i do this?

It's okay, everything is working well thank you!

I just want to know, I have an ssdt file for stock i7-4790k (found it online). Should I use this file to make the system perform better? And if I want to use it, do I just need to copy it to the location or do I need to install it through multibeast, how can i do this?

If you want to use it, then copy the file to /Extra folder (On your EFI partition) then reboot. The name should be SSDT.aml

So I followed this guide on youtube to install SSDT. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vK_ALk9N3L4
Everything went okay but when I reboot it loads much slower
Photo on 15-04-2015 at 2.50 am.jpg
and then ends up with error so I can't boot.
Photo on 15-04-2015 at 2.51 am.jpg
I booted with -v and message ends saying "Still waiting for root device", so I had to remove ssdt and it works fine again. But I really want to use ssdt.

Jinjamal, Jithin.C.V knows way more than I do so I'll let him continue to help you as required. But I built a system 6 weeks ago with the following parts:
intel i5 4590
gigabyte h97m-d3h mobo
msi r9 280x oc
16gb kingston hyper fury x 1600mhz ddr3
2 x crucial 250gb ssd

Apple peripherals, iogear bluetooth. extra hdd etc

The 280x does work out of the box (oob) but sometimes needs the efi partition (oob in hackintosh terms means no need for extra drivers, kexts etc, not the same as absolutely nothing needed - which I like you didn;t know, lol). My mobo uses 90% same components as yours (you have alc 1150 codec and intel Ethernet but they're very similar). As such, you 'should' be able to get the system to work near flawlessly (I only have some minor issues with losing sound after sleep - which I have partially fixed).

Your first post error is called a boot gibberish error, and as you were correctly pointed towards, following that guide and installing an efi partition should have fixed it.

Just to let you know what I did:
1. Follow the guide to set the bios as it says (load defaults, vt-d disabled, onboard graphics DISABLED, os = other). Install os yosemite via usb (I needed the -x (safe mode) boot flag).
2. Multibeast: chose dsdt free, intel ssd, trim option, audio and ethernet codecs and that was it. Left all other options as default.
3. Rebooted, got into yosemite via usb, then added the efi partition following the guide.

I then went and installed windows (non uefi installation) on the other ssd.

I can now dual through chimera - boot up takes 10s for yosemite, 12s for windows. All peripherals (magic mouse, apple keyboard, bluetooth etc) are working flawlessly.

I see you have your system working which is great, but just wanted to add that dsdt free unibeast/multibeast installation for me at least, works extremely well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back