Contribute
Register

My triple boot config.plist is messed up...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, this is months later, and I still don't have a working triple boot. I deleted the linux partition and reinstalled. It said something about bootloader error while installing and I had it install the bootloader files to sd6, the ext4 partition I created. I deleted my custom entries in config.plist and let clover auto scan and now I have linux mint, windows 7, and OSX as selectable boot options in clover at startup. In the EFI partition, I have linuxmint\grubx64.efi and when I try to boot linux from clover, I have a blinking text icon but cant type at all. It just sits at that screen. If I try to boot grub from efi mode my laptop crashes with a boot error. OSX and windows both boot just fine. I'm tearing my hair out trying to fix this, I just want this thing to boot... I know I am so close it's so frustrating. What do I need to do to fix this issue?

First make sure you can boot by selecting F9 at boot > Boot from EFI file > select grubx64.efi. If it can't boot, your grub bootloader is corrupted. You can use Ubuntu usb to install grub uefi.

Search google for the guide to install ubuntu/linux mint in uefi mode.

I reboot and hit f9, boot from Efi file, linuxmint, grubx64.efi

gnu grub 2.00-7ubuntu11 loads up and has the grub command line. How do I make clover boot this and load hda6 where I installed Linux? Thank you for your help. This will be great to have working after all this time.

I reboot and hit f9, boot from Efi file, linuxmint, grubx64.efi

gnu grub 2.00-7ubuntu11 loads up and has the grub command line. How do I make clover boot this and load hda6 where I installed Linux? Thank you for your help. This will be great to have working after all this time.

Do you see "Linux Mint EFI boot menu" in Clover screen? If you see it, that's /efi/linuxmint/grubx64.efi

So when you boot/efi/linuxmint/grubx64.efi from F9, it can't boot to linux right? Reinstall Ubuntu/LinuxMint UEFI until you can boot to Linux by select /efi/linuxmint/grubx64.efi.

Yes, Linux mint Efi boot is an option in clover, but if I select it during startup, I just get a black screen and no text. Just a cursor flash when you type, but it doesn't do anything at all. It loads the grub loader if I press f9 but not when I use clover.

Yes, Linux mint Efi boot is an option in clover, but if I select it during startup, I just get a black screen and no text. Just a cursor flash when you type, but it doesn't do anything at all. It loads the grub loader if I press f9 but not when I use clover.

Can you boot to linux mint from f9?

No, it allows for typing and command input, but always says can't find such command or invalid command. Errors like that. Cannot set root point. I think because it it booting from Efi partition and not sda6 ext4 partition? Maybe I am wrong...

No, it allows for typing and command input, but always says can't find such command or invalid command. Errors like that. Cannot set root point. I think because it it booting from Efi partition and not sda6 ext4 partition? Maybe I am wrong...

UEFI OS have to boot from .efil file in EFI partition. Only Legacy OS boot from another non-FAT32 partition.

You should install Linux UEFI again. Try with Ubuntu first.

UEFI OS have to boot from .efil file in EFI partition. Only Legacy OS boot from another non-FAT32 partition.

You should install Linux UEFI again. Try with Ubuntu first.

I followed your advice, and installed ubuntu LTS 14.4 in efi. The boot loader now allows to start linux from clover during startup! Thank you so much. I don't know why mint would not work, but at least I have linux, now. Thank you, again!

i have the same problem, i can boot from F9 EFi/ubuntu/grubx64.efi, but no on clover menu the only i get is the black screen with white cursor, thanks in advanced
any recomedation,
thanks again

i have the same problem, i can boot from F9 EFi/ubuntu/grubx64.efi, but no on clover menu the only i get is the black screen with white cursor, thanks in advanced
any recomedation,
thanks again

Make sure Clover is running grubx64.efi (press space bar to see what Clover will do).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back