Contribute
Register

Multibeast won't install bootloader/drivers (Yosemite | newbie)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Maximus V Gene
CPU
Intel i7-3770 Ivy Bridge (3.40 GHz)
Graphics
AMD Radeon R9 270X (Curacao XT) 4095 MB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey all,

first of all, I'd like to inform you that I'm completely new to Hackintosh, and pretty much Mac in general. I play with Linux, but most of the time I'm (unfortunately) Win user. Hope to change that :)

I'll start with my HW setup:

Motherboard Asus Maximus V Gene (Micro ATX Z77)
CPU Intel i7-3770 Ivy Bridge (3.40 GHz)
RAM DDR3 Kingston 1334 MHz (16 GB)
GPU AMD Radeon R9 270X (4095 MB)
Audio Realtek/AMD HD Audio
SDD SandForce OCZ-AGILITY3 (119 GB)
HDD Western Digital WDC WD10EALS-00Z8A0 (1000 GB)
HDD Western Digital WDC WD20EARX-00PASB0 (2000 GB)

So I've followed the Unibeast OS X install guide (Lifehacker's one with some assistance from here) and succesfully managed to install Yosemite on my hardware (I've installed it on my SSD).

After install, I started Multibeast and installed all the drivers (I thought) I needed. After reboot however, I couldn't boot into Yosemite. The only way to get into the OS was through the install USB. So I've tried to install the drivers via Multibeast a few times, trying different combinations, but without any success.

Seems like Multibeast failed to install anything; I was without bootloader (I suppose), audio didn't work (never) and my GPU would be happy for some better drivers (even though it was usable).

With the need for functional OS, I wiped it and reinstalled Win. However I don't plan to surrender just yet :) I've searched these forums, but haven't find anything that would help my case.. (maybe I'm just not sure what exactly to search for as I'm new to all this).

Any help would be really appreciated!

Hey all,

first of all, I'd like to inform you that I'm completely new to Hackintosh, and pretty much Mac in general. I play with Linux, but most of the time I'm (unfortunately) Win user. Hope to change that :)

I'll start with my HW setup:

Motherboard Asus Maximus V Gene (Micro ATX Z77)
CPU Intel i7-3770 Ivy Bridge (3.40 GHz)
RAM DDR3 Kingston 1334 MHz (16 GB)
GPU AMD Radeon R9 270X (4095 MB)
Audio Realtek/AMD HD Audio
SDD SandForce OCZ-AGILITY3 (119 GB)
HDD Western Digital WDC WD10EALS-00Z8A0 (1000 GB)
HDD Western Digital WDC WD20EARX-00PASB0 (2000 GB)

So I've followed the Unibeast OS X install guide (Lifehacker's one with some assistance from here) and succesfully managed to install Yosemite on my hardware (I've installed it on my SSD).

After install, I started Multibeast and installed all the drivers (I thought) I needed. After reboot however, I couldn't boot into Yosemite. The only way to get into the OS was through the install USB. So I've tried to install the drivers via Multibeast a few times, trying different combinations, but without any success.

Seems like Multibeast failed to install anything; I was without bootloader (I suppose), audio didn't work (never) and my GPU would be happy for some better drivers (even though it was usable).

With the need for functional OS, I wiped it and reinstalled Win. However I don't plan to surrender just yet :) I've searched these forums, but haven't find anything that would help my case.. (maybe I'm just not sure what exactly to search for as I'm new to all this).

Any help would be really appreciated!

Go to you bios and set the boot properties to your ssd yosemite first.

GL & HF

Go to you bios and set the boot properties to your ssd yosemite first.

GL & HF

Yeah, I tried booting from every disk I have. I don't have this particular install anymore (needed working OS, installed Win 10 over it), but when I booted from the Yosemite partition, I got error (I forgot to mentioned that in OP, sry).

I don't unfortunately recall the full output of the error, but I think it was:

Code:
boot0: done
(something like in this thread)

After doing some more research, I stumbled on this MBR/GPT issue and realized my discs were (well, are) in MBR. So I'm planning to format the disc (where I want Yosemite) to GPT and then reinstalling via USB.

Is there anything else I should take care of or be aware?

Thanks much

So I've tried to install Yosemite again, without success. Here's what I've done:

1. booted via USB with "-x" boot flag (Unibeast)
  2. formated the SSD with Disk Utility to GUID, MacOS Ext (Journaled) and installed Yosemite there
  3. installed these drivers with MultiBest 7.4.0 (Yosemite edition):
    • DSDT Free
    • Audio: ALC889
    • Disk: 3rd party SATA
    • Misc: USB 3.0 - universal
    • Bootloaders: Chimera 4.1.0
  4. this resulted in this mess when I booted up: http://i.imgur.com/HGrrYJJ.jpg
  5. after searching for some help, I tried to reinstall the bootloader with Chameleon Wizard (with install method "Boot0hfs"), which resulted in the same output.
  6. someone suggested installing Chameleon with "Boot0md", which gave me kernel panic: http://i.imgur.com/2g0mL7I.jpg (com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement issue?)
I don't know what else to do.. any suggestions? I'll probably try to install it once more, with different settings..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back