Contribute
Register

MSI GE62 6QD Apache Pro (cpus=1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I changed the dvmt and even swapped out dsdt and ssdt, and now I'm getting this
you should re up your clover folder if you have made changes

but at a guess, could be a usb issue, try another port and you could try usbinjectall.kext in other folder

I have come to the conclusion that the issue with the cpus argument is that it is the bios and the video settings contained therein. I downgraded my Bios to E16J5IMS.107, and was able to boot up with all 8 cpus. When I enabled the ig-platform-id to 0x191b0000, I received a intel frame buffer KP. I then applied the DVMT-prealloc fix, which was something like setup_var 0x470 0x3, where 0x470 is the variable for dvmt-prealloc and 0x3 is 96mb. Upon setting this I was able to boot but the system froze as it had done before (if you read earlier in about this issue). I did a DSDT, but received errors as stated a few posts above. All using the same config but different dsdt's with the same issue. I then restored my bios to E16J5IMS.118 and set the DVMT_prealloc with setup_var 0x494 0x3. Same issues go on as before (computer will not boot up with 8 cpus period.) and my config remains virtually untouched. Only DSDT's have been changed to accommodate the change in DVMT. I will upload my EFI/Clover folder, but that is as much as I can do, as booting with 8 cpus is virtually (there may be a fix, but I don't think anyone without this laptop or bios will be able to figure it out) impossible. I will upload a bios file just in case someone wants to scroll through it and maybe find something that I missed. I almost forgot to say that I did disable the CFG_Lock. Thanks for all your help, and I will upload a tutorial on how to get this installed on a MSI GE62 6QD Apache Pro - 004, and just note that the computer will only boot properly for now on 7 cpus or less. I'm submitting everything required for a problem reporting submission, yet if someone wants to see if there is anything that can be done with the bios, which is where I believe the problem is, that would be great!!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 92
  • Mishael’s iMac.ioreg
    3.1 MB · Views: 120
  • RehabMan.zip
    55.5 KB · Views: 80
  • Bios & Terminal Output.zip
    4 MB · Views: 107
I'm receiving a new error, unable to boot into OS X, if I can I'll send you my current EFI/Clover

Attachments

• IMG_20170226_111942.jpg
    IMG_20170226_111942.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 99
Actually, I just realized I had posted above ^^, Post #143. I haven't changed it since I had posted it, since it was working. The only thing I have done different was boot into windows, but that was working for awhile, don't know why it failed to boot.But if you want to look through that it would be great!!
EDIT: I'm able to get in now, and use everything. Hopefully it doesn't crash, but maybe you'll see something out of place.

Actually, I just realized I had posted above ^^, Post #143. I haven't changed it since I had posted it, since it was working.

Panic might be caused by SSDT ""xh_rvp11" (SSDT-4.aml).
You could remove it from ACPI/patched and try.
No idea why it would be intermittent.

Actually, I just realized I had posted above ^^, Post #143. I haven't changed it since I had posted it, since it was working. The only thing I have done different was boot into windows, but that was working for awhile, don't know why it failed to boot.But if you want to look through that it would be great!!
EDIT: I'm able to get in now, and use everything. Hopefully it doesn't crash, but maybe you'll see something out of place.
just had a quick scan of your config.plist and this part is wrong: (bit in bold)

<key>Device</key>
<string>IntelGFX</string>
<key>Key</key>
<string>AAPL,GfxYTile</string>
<key>Value</key>
<string>01000000</string>

Nope, starting up again... Just was logged on too, and it is now crashing again. I'm starting to give up on this computer as a Hackintosh (although when running, I can run Premiere Pro without a hiccup).
Feartech, what should that value be?

Osx seems to work fine when I log into windows, but it seems to be a USB issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back