Contribute
Register

MSI GE62 6QD Apache Pro (cpus=1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Windows says 128mb, but I get a Kernel Panic when I boot without a minsize fix and then with that I can't boot all CPUs, only 7, but I can try 128mb
as the faq mentions, windows is not guaranteed, reliable source for determine DVMT-prealloc

as the faq mentions, windows is not guaranteed, reliable source for determine DVMT-prealloc
Still freezes with all CPUs enabled. It got that far with restoring last browsed pages and then freezes. I really don't know what to do. Without the config, I can boot and do things, but then I have no graphics.

Attachments

• 14879743015961847297070.jpg
    14879743015961847297070.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 107
Wait! You have the same processor!! Did you have any issues?

Wait! You have the same processor!! Did you have any issues?
no issues here, but i have an Asus Laptop and i have the setting in BIOS to change DVMT-prealloc to 128mb, nor did i have to add cpus=* in boot arguments

no issues here, but i have an Asus Laptop and i have the setting in BIOS to change DVMT-prealloc to 128mb, nor did i have to add cpus=* in boot arguments
Cool beans, I think I fixed it though, I set dvmt to 96mb through the uefi shell and it seems to boot up with all cores. (Just tested was running fine, and then my battery died... Lol!

Cool beans, I think I fixed it though, I set dvmt to 96mb through the uefi shell and it seems to boot up with all cores. (Just tested was running fine, and then my battery died... Lol!
hahaha!

glad you got that working, 96mb should be fine :)

Nope, still freezing, I just find it peculiar that it doesn't freeze during boot (sometimes) or at login (if it gets there it will never freeze at login) but it does freeze right after you login, like from 1-10 seconds after.

Which makes this Harder because I can't get to the logs or have any verbose because it technically already loaded.

And I'm pretty sure the dvmt thing worked although there is no real way to verify

And I'm pretty sure the dvmt thing worked although there is no real way to verify
you can disable minstolen patch from config.plist

i noticed from your past posts that you use 0x191b0006 i use 0x191b0000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back