Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

I am setting up my first Hackintosh (with High Sierra 10.13.6) and am having troubles after installing the drivers in Multibeast 10.4.

The system crashes upon restart after the Multibeast procedure. I managed to get past the crash by adding FakeID:0x12345678 in Clover options. But now I'm stuck at the login screen, where my mouse and keyboard drops out. Tried waiting, but they don't wake. Tried different USB ports and via a USB hub, unsuccessfully.

At first I thought the problem was being caused by me adding the wrong drivers in Multibeast. But then I did a complete reinstallation of High Sierra from the USB stick and this time I didn't add anything in Multibeast at all (I left the default ticked boxes as they were). The only thing I did was define UEFI mode. I then restarted - an the same problem occured! It is as if Multibeast itself is causing the problem. This thread mentions EFI Mounter as an alternative to Multibeast. Can this be a solution to my problem?

Attached is my Clover setup and some screenshots from my last EFI Mount in Clover configurator.

Hope somebody can help!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 85
  • Screen Shot 2018-12-19 at 20.47.06.png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-19 at 20.47.06.png
    296.2 KB · Views: 103
  • Screen Shot 2018-12-19 at 20.46.59.png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-19 at 20.46.59.png
    287.7 KB · Views: 92
Hi there.

A quick test should show what the problem is - does the Caps Lock LED come on on your keyboard at the log-in screen?

I'm guessing it isn't lighting which shows that USB has gone AWOL.

I would revisit all those patches in Clover Configurator. For my build (ok, I know it's not identical in any way, but as a rule of thumb, worth testing...) the only ACPI patch showing in CC is "FixShutdown".

The Fake ID you are using is for Intel iGPU's I think. I have it set in mine too, but I have the iGPU on Auto so basically Off as far as macOS is concerned. o_O

To try and rectify this problem, ensure you have USBInjectAll.kext installed and see if that makes a difference (in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other OR Library/Extensions). If you already do have the kext installed, have you created a bespoke SSDT for the USB ports yet?

:)

Hi @UtterDisbelief, thanks for reaching out! Noob question, but how can I configure and alter my kexts and configurations after I made the machine boot from the new High Sierra SSD? Do I install Clover Configurator (Vibrant?) on my new Hackintosh and do the changes there?

To try and rectify this problem, ensure you have USBInjectAll.kext installed and see if that makes a difference (in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other OR Library/Extensions). If you already do have the kext installed, have you created a bespoke SSDT for the USB ports yet?

The USBInjectAll.kext has been with me all the way. Don't know what you mean by bespoke SSDT, can you elaborate?

These are the only custom changes I've done in CC after the Unibeast process:

Added Kext (suggested by @BreBo) :
USBInjectall.kext
XHCI-unsupported.kext

Added drivers:
EmuVariableUefi-64.efi (suggested by @RehabMan)

Does this shed some light on things? My Clover is attached.

PS: I'll throw in some of my current BIOS settings as well, for good measure:

XHCI Hand-off: Enabled
Legacy USB Support : Auto (problem occured under enabled as well)
Launch CSM: Disabled

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 95
Hi @UtterDisbelief, thanks for reaching out! Noob question, but how can I configure and alter my kexts and configurations after I made the machine boot from the new High Sierra SSD? Do I install Clover Configurator (Vibrant?) on my new Hackintosh and do the changes there?

The USBInjectAll.kext has been with me all the way. Don't know what you mean by bespoke SSDT, can you elaborate?

These are the only custom changes I've done in CC after the Unibeast process:

Added Kext (suggested by @BreBo) :
USBInjectall.kext
XHCI-unsupported.kext

Added drivers:
EmuVariableUefi-64.efi (suggested by @RehabMan)

Does this shed some light on things? My Clover is attached.

PS: I'll throw in some of my current BIOS settings as well, for good measure:

XHCI Hand-off: Enabled
Legacy USB Support : Auto (problem occured under enabled as well)
Launch CSM: Disabled

Well, I'm always wary of suggesting specific changes for a different motherboard, but concentrating on a USB problem, if that's what it is...

A USB SSDT is a patch used to configure all 15 ports a Mac can see in relation to the physical ports on your motherboard. There is a big and complicated thread about it by @RehabMan. What this does is remove the need for a port-limit removal patch in your config.plist to allow access to all your motherboard's ports. However, sometimes ports don't work correctly unless they are specifically set-up. @MacMan has also written a guide to allow this configuration without any kexts.

Both are by their nature complicated, however there's a simpler guide here, from section 7.0 onwards by @ammulder. I used this one :thumbup:

Also consider altering your SIP level. Apple's security setting. As an example you have CsrActiveConfig set to 0x3 in your config.plist. This is full security and can stop some add-on kexts from working. There are several alternatives but to turn-off this security, use 0x67. This is a choice thing, obviously. Maybe just test to see if anything changes before making permanent? You might not like the idea.

Another idea is to simply copy the config.plist from your UniBeast stick into place in your EFI/CLOVER folder. You can rename the one there already as something like config-old.plist etc, then both will appear in the Clover Options menu. If this gets your USB ports working again, use the new plist and slowly add back the settings you need for your hardware, checking if any problems occur.

Thanks, @UtterDisbelief, I'm now out of the USB woods! I made it by simply ticking all the USB boxes in Multibeast, as well as adding fixusb and fixownership in CC. But I'm now dealing with three new problems:

1) OS hangs everytime I try to restart/shut down.

2)It also won't boot by itself. I have to manually enter 0x12345678 as FakeID in graphics injector at Clover Options every time.

3) The screen is glicthing a bit at the login screen every time.

Any thoughts?

Thanks, @UtterDisbelief, I'm now out of the USB woods! I made it by simply ticking all the USB boxes in Multibeast, as well as adding fixusb and fixownership in CC. But I'm now dealing with three new problems:

1) OS hangs everytime I try to restart/shut down.

2)It also won't boot by itself. I have to manually enter 0x12345678 as FakeID in graphics injector at Clover Options every time.

3) The screen is glicthing a bit at the login screen every time.

Any thoughts?

Well:

1) If this is a new problem then it could be related to the 7/8/9 Series USB Support you installed with MultiBeast. You don't seem to have a 7,8 or 9 series board etc. You could try removing the three kexts that were installed by this, rebuilding the caches and rebooting to see if that makes a difference? Might not work but at least it eliminates the possibility.

2) You can add this permanently in your config.plist using Clover Configurator. :thumbup:

3) what GPU are you using? Sounds like a hardware acceleration problem.

Thanks for guiding me through this @UtterDisbelief, really appreciate it.

Solved # 1! Do you know which configuration I have to do to fix issue #2? See attached photo. Is this where I fix it? 0x12345678 in IntelGFX perhaps?

My GPU is the onboard mobo graphics. Intel UHD Graphics 630 31 MB.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-12-30 at 20.45.21.png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-30 at 20.45.21.png
    83.4 KB · Views: 87
Thanks for guiding me through this @UtterDisbelief, really appreciate it.

Solved # 1! Do you know which configuration I have to do to fix issue #2? See attached photo. Is this where I fix it? 0x12345678 in IntelGFX perhaps?

My GPU is the onboard mobo graphics. Intel UHD Graphics 630 31 MB.

Well done!

Yes, for 2) there are a couple of workarounds as far as I can tell. @RehabMan was helping this builder here and the answer was to make sure you rebuild caches before rebooting or the settings from before will stick etc.

And @P1LGRIM was helping this builder here. :thumbup:

Also check this screenshot out for 3) -

iGPU.jpg

... you may have this one covered though.

Keep going, you'll get there.

Thanks, @UtterDisbelief. I think I see some light way over there in the other end of the hackintunnel:)

Tried troubleshooting based on your last reply, but my system still won't boot and my
Intel UHD Graphics 630 still only shows 31MB, unfortunately.

I've rebuilt my kextcache and tried injecting intel as well as specifying the ig-platform-id in CC, but no sign of change. This might have something to do with CC not saving my changes! Tried saving directly to EFI, but when I close and reopen CC and remount my EFI partition the changes are gone..

@RehabMan wrote in another thread regarding a similar issue that you shouldn't "install a mixed set of FakeSMC/FakeSMC plugin kexts. They must always be from matched builds." Not sure if I understand this correctly, but does it mean that I shouldn't have the same kext in EFI-CLOVER-KEXTS-OTHERS and in /Library/Extensions?

Attached is my current config.plst and /Library/extensions

Attachments

• config.plist
    6 KB · Views: 116
  • Screen Shot 2018-12-31 at 01.35.43.png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-31 at 01.35.43.png
    491.4 KB · Views: 103
Thanks, @UtterDisbelief. I think I see some light way over there in the other end of the hackintunnel:)

Tried troubleshooting based on your last reply, but my system still won't boot and my
Intel UHD Graphics 630 still only shows 31MB, unfortunately.

I've rebuilt my kextcache and tried injecting intel as well as specifying the ig-platform-id in CC, but no sign of change. This might have something to do with CC not saving my changes! Tried saving directly to EFI, but when I close and reopen CC and remount my EFI partition the changes are gone..

@RehabMan wrote in another thread regarding a similar issue that you shouldn't "install a mixed set of FakeSMC/FakeSMC plugin kexts. They must always be from matched builds." Not sure if I understand this correctly, but does it mean that I shouldn't have the same kext in EFI-CLOVER-KEXTS-OTHERS and in /Library/Extensions?

Attached is my current config.plst and /Library/extensions

Okay. Check your BIOS entry for the iGPU section to check the memory allocation for it. 64GB? 128GB? etc etc.

For the config.plist problem - use DiskUtil to check you are mounting the correct EFI partition. For example disk0 will have it's main partition at disk0s2 and an EFI partition hidden at disk0s1 etc. If you have more than one drive check you are mounting the correct drive EFI. Use EFI Mounter v3 to mount it first then you can either double-click on the config.plist for CC to open it, or you can open it with TextEdit and do the work manually. Saving should now work. If it won't, then there's probably a files permission issue.

Yes, keep the FakeSMC files from the same "batch". From your directory listing they all have the same date so look fine (I don't use the sensors because they used to cause crashes. Not so often these days though. I just don't use them out of choice etc). If you change anything in L/E don't forget to rebuild the caches. Don't have a duplicate set of FakeSMC* in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other though. Some people do. It will work if they are exactly the same kexts, but confuse the PC if not. Either way, no need for both sets etc :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back