Contribute
Register

Monterey OpenCore 8.3 Unstable & Random Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations!

Is that a race car?
:lol: My ethernet 10GB card

A friend made it work ! Wish I could say how, but he's not here to answer. If anyone is interested I can find out.

Looks like I have a new editing station running, thank you !!

Hi guys,
Just a quick update to let you know that the system has been running smoothly.
I have other issues with my CPU/GPU but I will create a new post for those once I'm able to pinpoint the problem.

@wstrohm That my 10GB ethernet card, works well now.

Dear All,

I'm back, this last build has been a lot of pain, and I kind of gave up on it for a little while. I just can't figure what's going on. The random boot loop / black screen is still happening from time to time, but overall it's fixed. The main issue is performance issues. Media Composer or Premiere are insanely slow and laggy...

I checked graphic acceleration and everything seems good there...I'm a bit lost on how to pinpoint what might be going wrong. Everything else is looking great, but a 1min render takes about 10x more than it should...

Let me know if you can help :)

Thanks,

Babeltosh,

Would you please upload your current EFI folder? Thanks!
That would be a good start...Sorry !
Here it is.
Thanks ;)

Attachments

• EFI BABELTOSH.zip
    10.5 MB · Views: 23
That would be a good start...Sorry !
Here it is.
Thanks ;)
probably only need:
BrcmPatchRAM3.kext

remove:
BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
BrcmNonPatchRAM.kext
BrcmNonPatchRAM2.kext
BrcmPatchRAM.kext
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext

probably only need:
BrcmPatchRAM3.kext

remove:
BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
BrcmNonPatchRAM.kext
BrcmNonPatchRAM2.kext
BrcmPatchRAM.kext
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
Ok will test in a minute. Do I keep BrcmFirmwareData.kext ?

Babeltosh,
Here is what I see in your EFI folder:
1. Would suggest you replace the contents of your ACPI folder as follows:
a. Replace SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP.aml with SSDT-EC-USBX.aml.
b. Replace SSDT-PLUG-DRTNIA.aml with SSDT-PLUG.aml.
Reason: The replacements are from Acidanthera rather than from Dortania... and the Dortania files are out-of-date.
2. In OC/Kexts folder, IMHO you should retain only:
BlueToolFixup.kext
BrcmFirmwareData.kext
BrcmPatchRAM3.kext
IntelMausi.kext
VirtualSMC.kext
WhateverGreen.kext
unless you do have an NVMe SSD drive... in that case, I do not know if you need NVmeFix.kext... maybe, maybe not. Obviously this affects config.plist as well (see below).
3. In config.plist/ACPI/Quirks you have ResetLogoStatus Value = YES; I have NO in my working "Mini-ITX 2" computer's config.plist.
4. In config.plist/DeviceProperties/Add/second line item, you have AAPL,ig-platform-id Value set to 00001219, yet your signature displays an AMD graphics card RX 6600. This means your Value at this line should be 01001219 (for an external graphics card).
5. In config.plist/Kernel/Add:
a. The Lilu item, presently line 10, should be moved to be line 0. It needs to precede other items that depend on it.
b. IMHO you should delete (or at least change Enabled from YES to NO on) any items you delete in your EFI/OC/Kexts folder.
6. In config.plist/Kernel/Quirks, you have XhcPortLimit Value set to YES. In Monterey, that is going to cause much trouble. That function "seems to be broken" in Monterey according to tonymacx86.com threads. It needs to be a NO, but unfortunately that also means you need to select the USB ports you want active, and then add into OC/Kexts a USBPorts.kext file. To do that, do you know how to do this?
7. In config.plist/Platforminfo/Generic your SystemProductName ("SMBIOS") is iMacPro1,1. I'm using iMac17,1 on "Mini-ITX 2" (just for your info).

Other stuff either agrees with my config.plist, or I don't know enough to question yours.

Good luck!

Fail :banghead::crazy:

Couldnt boot afterward, used a backup to come back to life...
Had the following screen on boot

Attachments

• Error boot.jpeg
    Error boot.jpeg
    919.1 KB · Views: 12
Babeltosh,
Here is what I see in your EFI folder:
1. Would suggest you replace the contents of your ACPI folder as follows:
a. Replace SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP.aml with SSDT-EC-USBX.aml.
b. Replace SSDT-PLUG-DRTNIA.aml with SSDT-PLUG.aml.
Reason: The replacements are from Acidanthera rather than from Dortania... and the Dortania files are out-of-date.
2. In OC/Kexts folder, IMHO you should retain only:
BlueToolFixup.kext
BrcmFirmwareData.kext
BrcmPatchRAM3.kext
IntelMausi.kext
VirtualSMC.kext
WhateverGreen.kext
unless you do have an NVMe SSD drive... in that case, I do not know if you need NVmeFix.kext... maybe, maybe not. Obviously this affects config.plist as well (see below).
3. In config.plist/ACPI/Quirks you have ResetLogoStatus Value = YES; I have NO in my working "Mini-ITX 2" computer's config.plist.
4. In config.plist/DeviceProperties/Add/second line item, you have AAPL,ig-platform-id Value set to 00001219, yet your signature displays an AMD graphics card RX 6600. This means your Value at this line should be 01001219 (for an external graphics card).
5. In config.plist/Kernel/Add:
a. The Lilu item, presently line 10, should be moved to be line 0. It needs to precede other items that depend on it.
b. IMHO you should delete (or at least change Enabled from YES to NO on) any items you delete in your EFI/OC/Kexts folder.
6. In config.plist/Kernel/Quirks, you have XhcPortLimit Value set to YES. In Monterey, that is going to cause much trouble. That function "seems to be broken" in Monterey according to tonymacx86.com threads. It needs to be a NO, but unfortunately that also means you need to select the USB ports you want active, and then add into OC/Kexts a USBPorts.kext file. To do that, do you know how to do this?
7. In config.plist/Platforminfo/Generic your SystemProductName ("SMBIOS") is iMacPro1,1. I'm using iMac17,1 on "Mini-ITX 2" (just for your info).

Other stuff either agrees with my config.plist, or I don't know enough to question yours.

Good luck!
I have some work in front of me !! Thank you ! I let you know if that works :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back