Contribute
Register

Mojave Install Black Screen: USB Mojave Install fails to reach Mac Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
so I take it you used iGPU only? Anyway, with iMac18,2 things are working pretty well so I'm hesitant to change. What do you mean if using dGPU & iGPU? Don't Hackintosh's / Mac OSX choose one and stick with it? I thought they only used both in laptops?

I've used all three options; IGPU only, IGPU+dGPU, and dGPU only. Obviously, IGPU only is the worst performing of the three. I'm currently using dGPU only with iMacPro1,1 system definition.

macOS will use whatever GPU is available based on your choice of system definition.

Most of the time, when hackintoshing a laptop, IGPU only works best.

18.1 and use lilukext and whatevergreenkext to name the RX 590 correctly.
AHH Everything was working ok and I tried combining this advice with PastryChef's advice regarding system definitions today and now my system will NOT boot (goes to black screen, just like before). Here's the changes I made to EFI:

—> Installed lilu + Whatevergreen in efi clover kexts in kexts/10.14
—> system SMBIOS Product Name from iMac18,1 -> iMacPro1,1
—> Installed AppleALC & 100/200/300 series audio support (HDAS->HDEF)

I tried blocking kexts Lilu & whatevergreen from the clover/grub boot menu & booting but I still had the same black screen problem so I assume the problem is the definition iMacPro1,1? I will attempt to revert the changes, but as always help is super appreciated!

Also, I am having no audio output and no bluetooth from a usb-plugin receiver I previously used flawlessly with high-sierra. iMessage does not work either, but text-message forwarding DOES work so I can get around that easily enough for now. If you have any suggestions or guides for fixing those issues, that would be much appreciated!

Yup. It was the iMacPro1,1 system definition. Simply changing that back to iMac18,1 fixed things. I still don't have my GPU recognized properly (suggests Radeon Polaris 8GB) but that's not a big deal.

My audio is fixed, so it appears the fix I put in for audio (see recent prior post) fixed that as well! And my bluetooth is working! In short summary - is there any reason I should change my system definition from 18,1? It works...but it suggests I have a 21.5" iMac (iGPU) and doesn't say rx 590. Also my iMessage still does not function (any help there appreciated)

Yup. It was the iMacPro1,1 system definition. Simply changing that back to iMac18,1 fixed things. I still don't have my GPU recognized properly (suggests Radeon Polaris 8GB) but that's not a big deal.

My audio is fixed, so it appears the fix I put in for audio (see recent prior post) fixed that as well! And my bluetooth is working! In short summary - is there any reason I should change my system definition from 18,1? It works...but it suggests I have a 21.5" iMac (iGPU) and doesn't say rx 590. Also my iMessage still does not function (any help there appreciated)

iMac18,1 is for IGPU only. If you are using a dGPU, you should use iMac18,3.

I literally just tried this and it prevents my system from booting (back to the black screen issues again). It appears my system will only work with iMac18,1 (and maybe iMac18,2 - I think I got that working this week). I literally just switched from 18,1 -> 18,3 & the system will not boot (flashed to black screen)!

To be clear, I'm not only plugged into my DisplayPort cable coming from my rx 590, but I'm also disabling iGPU via bios....so clear I'm not using iGPU, yet 18,1 (and maybe 18,2) are the only ones which work for me!

I literally just tried this and it prevents my system from booting (back to the black screen issues again). It appears my system will only work with iMac18,1 (and maybe iMac18,2 - I think I got that working this week). I literally just switched from 18,1 -> 18,3 & the system will not boot (flashed to black screen)!

To be clear, I'm not only plugged into my DisplayPort cable coming from my rx 590, but I'm also disabling iGPU via bios....so clear I'm not using iGPU, yet 18,1 (and maybe 18,2) are the only ones which work for me!

If you use iMac18,3, IGPU should be enabled in BIOS. Monitors should be connected to RX 590 only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back