Contribute
Register

Mojave Install Black Screen: USB Mojave Install fails to reach Mac Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
are you sure? how can you know that? i will check again but i believe i copied your clover folder. i mounted my EFI partition and copied your folder over my clover. I even verified the kexts and confit.plist were different. additionally the theme of clover was different when actually booting and the actual boot verbose output was different.

The EFI folder I posted should have addressed the gIOScreenLockState 3 error. Please post the config.plist from your current EFI folder.

config.plist attached. (Confirmed - bios sees no bootable drives without USB) As far as I'm aware there are no other bootable drives attached internally so it must be booting off of the USB. I did NOT copy over the EFI-backups folder - could that be the problem?

Attachments

• config.plist
    10.8 KB · Views: 76
I would be happy to post a video of the entire boot sequence in verbose mode. Alternatively, I would love to capture that log but I don't know how? It seems like there are many warnings and errors as things proceed but I have no idea if that is normal (red herring) vs. a real problem

config.plist attached. (Confirmed - bios sees no bootable drives without USB) As far as I'm aware there are no other bootable drives attached internally so it must be booting off of the USB. I did NOT copy over the EFI-backups folder - could that be the problem?

The screenshot from post #7 shows gIOScreenLockState 3. That's a graphics error. That should be fixed with this config.plist. Is your IGPU enabled? How much RAM is allocated to IGPU?

What stage are you up to? Have you booted in to the macOS installer yet? Have you installed macOS yet?

I am currently trying to upload a youtube video so you can see the entire process & output. Alas while I wait for that, let me try to answer your questions:

1. Stage = no GUI reached...verbose mode output only? I have not gotten past the verbose output associated with selecting the USB install.
  2. iGPU should be disabled?
    1. From the BIOS I believe you can see I have iGPU disabled?
    2. I'm using your Clover folder so I assume it does NOT use iGPU?
    3. Are you/were you expecting that I DONT use my dGPU (rx 590) and instead boot with iGPU? if-so, what steps do I need to take? Should I simply enable it in the bios & disconnect dGPU?

I am currently trying to upload a youtube video so you can see the entire process & output. Alas while I wait for that, let me try to answer your questions:

1. Stage = no GUI reached...verbose mode output only? I have not gotten past the verbose output associated with selecting the USB install.
  2. iGPU should be disabled?
    1. From the BIOS I believe you can see I have iGPU disabled?
    2. I'm using your Clover folder so I assume it does NOT use iGPU?

So, you've gotten to the Clover boot menu. Selected the macOS installer and encountered the gIOScreenLockState 3 error?

For the purpose of installation, it doesn't really matter if IGPU is enabled. If you have it enabled, make sure to allocate 96MB or more to it. You can also try pulling your video card and install macOS using just the IGPU.

Which model and brand of RX 590 are you using?

CONTENT REMOVED - post was under review and subsequent posts below contain all the relevant content

Last edited:
CONTENT REMOVED - post was under review and subsequent posts below contain all the relevant content

Last edited:
Can you see my responses? They all say they are invisible to most users "This message is awaiting moderator approval, and is invisible to normal visitors."

Can you see my responses? They all say they are invisible to most users "This message is awaiting moderator approval, and is invisible to normal visitors."

No. I'm not seeing anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back