Motherboard
Gigabyte z370P D3
CPU
i5-8600k
Graphics
RX 590
Mac
  1. iMac
Hello, and thank you in advance for any time and help ya'll can spare me.

My profile should suggest my build which I thought was supported for Mojave. I am using UniBeast to create a USB Mojave Install via this guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ojave-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.259381/. Clover recognizes the USB drive and I attempt to start the install in verbose mode only to see every attempt end in a black screen.

Please see my attached EFI/Clover zip file, and verbose boot output.

I am typically connected via a DisplayPort cable and I have tried both DisplayPort ports. I have not tried HDMI ports. I am able to fully boot into Windows and use the AMD rx 590 to its full capacity (verified via Fortnite, ha), so I don't believe I have any ancillary hardware issues (unseated ram, etc).

I am also going to try and change my Smbios to MacPro6,1 which I read in another thread might help. Finally, failing all these ideas I will try using only the iGPU.

I will keep this thread up to date with results, but please anyone who can help (or even just post working EFI) I appreciate your time and energy.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 117
  • IMG_0720.jpg
    IMG_0720.jpg
    625.8 KB · Views: 230
I tried using different display ports, changing to MacPro6,1, and simply using the iGPU and all of these failed. Help very much needed and appreciated! Thanks!

Hi team, I am still having no luck. I am hoping to try a brand-new SSD I recently bought (in hopes that my troubles are somehow related to my other disk). Failing that I may attempt purchase a reference RX 580 or Vega 56 straight from the Buyers Guide but I’m running out of ideas. If anyone could post a good EFI or otherwise debug mine, I would very much appreciate it! Just as reminder for context, I was successfully booting into a hackintosh with High Sierra and an Nvidia GPU (web drivers) prior to installing the new card successfully in High Sierra and then creating a brand new installation USB drive from the Mojave guide here. Now I can’t even reach the Mojave installer boot from the USB (yes, I am selecting USB boot straight from the bios)

Hello, and thank you in advance for any time and help ya'll can spare me.

My profile should suggest my build which I thought was supported for Mojave. I am using UniBeast to create a USB Mojave Install via this guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ojave-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.259381/. Clover recognizes the USB drive and I attempt to start the install in verbose mode only to see every attempt end in a black screen.

Please see my attached EFI/Clover zip file, and verbose boot output.

I am typically connected via a DisplayPort cable and I have tried both DisplayPort ports. I have not tried HDMI ports. I am able to fully boot into Windows and use the AMD rx 590 to its full capacity (verified via Fortnite, ha), so I don't believe I have any ancillary hardware issues (unseated ram, etc).

I am also going to try and change my Smbios to MacPro6,1 which I read in another thread might help. Finally, failing all these ideas I will try using only the iGPU.

I will keep this thread up to date with results, but please anyone who can help (or even just post working EFI) I appreciate your time and energy.

Please try this EFI.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4 MB · Views: 250
Please try this EFI.
Thank you so much for this, I will try it and let you know if it works. For the record, is there any particular way to "install" that clover? I plan to mount the current EFI Partition on my usb & simply replace my existing clover directory with yours - is that all I should do?

Thanks!

Thank you so much for this, I will try it and let you know if it works. For the record, is there any particular way to "install" that clover? I plan to mount the current EFI Partition on my usb & simply replace my existing clover directory with yours - is that all I should do?

Thanks!

Yes. That's the way to do it.

No such luck! Things were definitely different, but ultimately my screen went black at about the same time and same line as before. See the attachment for my results (and my bios settings in case something is wrong there...)

Attachments

• IMG_0763.png
    IMG_0763.png
    15.7 MB · Views: 185
  • IMG_0764.png
    IMG_0764.png
    16.4 MB · Views: 185
  • IMG_0759.png
    IMG_0759.png
    16.1 MB · Views: 199
  • IMG_0758.png
    IMG_0758.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 183
  • IMG_0762.png
    IMG_0762.png
    17.5 MB · Views: 168
  • IMG_0761.png
    IMG_0761.png
    16 MB · Views: 158
  • IMG_0760.png
    IMG_0760.png
    16.2 MB · Views: 141
No such luck! Things were definitely different, but ultimately my screen went black at about the same time and same line as before. See the attachment for my results (and my bios settings in case something is wrong there...)

You are not booting from the EFI folder I posted.

are you sure? how can you know that? i will check again but i believe i copied your clover folder. i mounted my EFI partition and copied your folder over my clover. I even verified the kexts and config.plist were different. additionally the theme of clover was different when actually booting and the actual boot verbose output was different.

@pastrychef - you are a lifesaver! I was having the same problem as the OP. Your EFI folder got me to the choose Language installer screen. Now I just seem to have a non-functional trackpad and possibly keyboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back