CPU
i5 7400
Graphics
HD630
Classic Mac
Classic, LC, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
I think SSDT-SB-i5.aml is something that got copied over from a previous machine when I was making this config.plist. I think it refers to Sandy Bridge i5, which is what my old system ran. It was needed to allow the SB i5 processor to work with the Z68 mobo. I think I'll start with the kext.

Motherboard
GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5
CPU
i5 7400
Graphics
HD630
Classic Mac
Classic, LC, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
I installed the USBports.kext and it looks like I was successful in trimming my USB ports down to what I am actually using, but the problem remains, drives plugged into these ports are visible, but will not mount their volumes. And I killed my USB 3.1 port, which was never visible in Hackintool, but which was clearly one of the ports that I deleted. Oh, and to complicate things further, the USB 3 ports at SS05 and SS06 don't recognize any USB 2 devices.

XHC_usb_ports_20190419.png

Motherboard
GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5
CPU
i5 7400
Graphics
HD630
Classic Mac
Classic, LC, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
I am going to try to run a USB PCI board and see if I can get some working USB ports that way. Otherwise, I am done with this. I can't afford to waste another minute trying to get the XHC ports working.

Feartech

Motherboard
Asus N752VX-Clover
CPU
i7-6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
HD530 + GTX 950m 1920 x 1080
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android
I installed the USBports.kext and it looks like I was successful in trimming my USB ports down to what I am actually using, but the problem remains, drives plugged into these ports are visible, but will not mount their volumes. And I killed my USB 3.1 port, which was never visible in Hackintool, but which was clearly one of the ports that I deleted. Oh, and to complicate things further, the USB 3 ports at SS05 and SS06 don't recognize any USB 2 devices.

View attachment 400468
SS05 and SS06 will also have a HS05 and HS06 for USB3.0

Motherboard
Z170X-UD5 TH
CPU
Graphics
GTX1080 (Asus ROG Strix)
Mac
iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
PowerBook, Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS

View attachment 400468
On a Z170 I think the USB 3.1 ports are handled by a separate controller (ASMedia maybe?) Anyway, it seems you've only enabled 4 of USB ports at this point. Of the files it generates, I only needed SSDT-EC.aml in EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/, and USBPorts.kext in EFI/CLover/kexts/other/ to get the 15 ports of my choice working correctly.

Attachments

Motherboard
GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5
CPU
i5 7400
Graphics
HD630
Classic Mac
Classic, LC, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
SS05 and SS06 will also have a HS05 and HS06 for USB3.0
Thank you for your reply. I hope this relates to your point. I finally got a volume to mount. I grabbed a USB 2 flash drive and plugged it into the ports that have HS13 and HS14 assigned to them, and amazingly I finally have a drive that will mount. I have two other ports that are active that seem to be tied to SS05 and SS06, but they will not mount a USB 2 drive nor will they even see any USB 2 device. They were backward compatible before I started messing around with various measures to try to fix the USB 3 ports situation. This seems to be my stumbling block right now. I was trying to work with A Beginner's Guide to Creating a Custom USB SSDT , but it seems like I can't make any progress there until I solve this

Motherboard
Z170X-UD5 TH
CPU
Graphics
GTX1080 (Asus ROG Strix)
Mac
iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
PowerBook, Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS
Thank you for your reply. I hope this relates to your point. I finally got a volume to mount. I grabbed a USB 2 flash drive and plugged it into the ports that have HS13 and HS14 assigned to them, and amazingly I finally have a drive that will mount. I have two other ports that are active that seem to be tied to SS05 and SS06, but they will not mount a USB 2 drive nor will they even see any USB 2 device. They were backward compatible before I started messing around with various measures to try to fix the USB 3 ports situation. This seems to be my stumbling block right now. I was trying to work with A Beginner's Guide to Creating a Custom USB SSDT , but it seems like I can't make any progress there until I solve this
That guide is awesome and gives you all the things you need to know, but it’s easy to make little mistakes. Hackintool makes it much easier to check with ports you need/want to use.

Since you need to whittle down the 26 ports to 15, maybe try excluding HS7-14 and SS7-10,(using usbinjectall and relevant boot arguments) then check what ports work (using hackintool or IOReg) make note of what ports are where, then reboot and exclude ports hs1-6 and ss1-6, and test again. You should then be able to tell which ports on your board you are/or plan on using and which ones you can get rid of...
Make sense?

Motherboard
ASUS PRIME Z390-P
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android
I'am a bit lost about all of this procedures of patching for USB 3.0 to work I already added the the DSDT Patches, KextsToPatch, I followed a tutorial with the Hackintool to make the aml and the USBPorts.kext but no success.
I have this build:
Motherboard: PRIME Z390-P (LGA1151)
CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz
GPU: Radeon RX 580 Series
I would like to have some help please.
Thanks in advance

Attachments

UtterDisbelief

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370M D3H
CPU
i3-8350K
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Classic Mac
eMac, iBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
I'am a bit lost about all of this procedures of patching for USB 3.0 to work I already added the the DSDT Patches, KextsToPatch, I followed a tutorial with the Hackintool to make the aml and the USBPorts.kext but no success.
I have this build:
Motherboard: PRIME Z390-P (LGA1151)
CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz
GPU: Radeon RX 580 Series
I would like to have some help please.
Thanks in advance
Hello there.

A couple of things to note about your set-up:

1) You have duplicates of some kexts in System/Library/Extensions = USBPorts, USBInjectAll, XHCI-unsupported, and also FakePCIID*.*. Remove them from there. If you really want to duplicate any kexts then I would recommend they go in Library/Extensions NOT S/L/E. Basically no third-party kexts go in S/L/E :thumbup:

2) You have a Lilu.kext in CLOVER/kexts but nothing to partner it with. I couldn't see anything in S/L/E either. Anyway, if there is, and I just couldn't see it, move the other kext to CLOVER/kexts too.

3) Once you have created the aml and kext you shouldn't need the three port-limit removal patches any more.

4) Check IORegistryExplorer for the EH01/2 or XHC tree sections to see if your ports are showing.

Let us know.

:)

Motherboard
ASUS PRIME Z390-P
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android
Hello there.

A couple of things to note about your set-up:

1) You have duplicates of some kexts in System/Library/Extensions = USBPorts, USBInjectAll, XHCI-unsupported, and also FakePCIID*.*. Remove them from there. If you really want to duplicate any kexts then I would recommend they go in Library/Extensions NOT S/L/E. Basically no third-party kexts go in S/L/E :thumbup:

2) You have a Lilu.kext in CLOVER/kexts but nothing to partner it with. I couldn't see anything in S/L/E either. Anyway, if there is, and I just couldn't see it, move the other kext to CLOVER/kexts too.

3) Once you have created the aml and kext you shouldn't need the three port-limit removal patches any more.

4) Check IORegistryExplorer for the EH01/2 or XHC tree sections to see if your ports are showing.

Let us know.

:)
These are my outputs from both programs ORegistryExplorer and Hackintool.
Should I delete USBPorts, USBInjectAll, XHCI-unsupported and FakePCIID, and use the Hackintool to generate the aml and Kexts?
PS: I already deleted from the S/L/E the third-party kexts

Attachments