Contribute
Register

Mojave 10.14.4 Port Limit Removal Patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only two out of seven ports were working in Linux when booted directly from the bios. I have noticed that when I shut down the computer the USB ports remain powered up. After I shut down this last time I waited about 30 seconds and I turned the switch on the power supply off and I think I noticed the lights in the room flicker and now the whole thing is dead. So no more custom Mac until I can get a new power supply and maybe a motherboard. It might be more enjoyable to get my old Z68 Sandy Bridge machine out of the closet. It ran Sierra pretty well When I took it out of service.

Last edited:
Only two out of seven ports were working in Linux when booted directly from the bios. I have noticed that when I shut down the computer the USB ports remain powered up. After I shut down this last time I waited about 30 seconds and I turned the switch on the power supply off and I think I noticed the lights in the room flicker and now the whole thing is dead. So no more custom Mac until I can get a new power supply and maybe a motherboard. It might be more enjoyable to get my old Z68 Sandy Bridge machine out of the closet. It ran Sierra pretty well When I took it out of service.
Yikes! Sorry to hear that. No lights on the MB?

Thanks!! Saved my day

Yikes! Sorry to hear that. No lights on the MB?
No signs of life at all. I will pull the power supply of the old Sandy Bridge machine and see if I can power this sad collection of parts back up, after which I will see if I can find a PCI USB board to work with until I can teach myself to implement a SSDT. I have to say though, if I total up the hours that I’ve spent trying to keep my custom Macs running, I might really be better off just buying a proper Macintosh from Apple. Or at least not have only a custom Mac to rely on.

Last edited:
...if I total up the hours that I’ve spent trying to keep my custom Macs running, I might really be better off just buying a proper Macintosh from Apple. Or at least not have only a custom Mac to rely on.

Naaaah. It's back up and running again. All I had to do a swap out the power supply. And now I pose my question again, would it be possible to run a USB board in the PCI slot and have USB 3 there while I am sorting out the SSDT issue for the regular back panel usb?

So it seems that two USB ports, one 3.0 port and one 3.1 type A port, were rendered useless when the power supply failed. When I boot the mac os they just power up but are otherwise useless. The other 3.0 and 3.1 ports, that I have labeled as working in the attached diagram, only work under Linux. Only the usb 2.0 ports work under mac os. I am still hoping to fix the ports that work under Linux for the mac os by implementing an SSDT, something I still need to learn how to do.

back_panel.png

Last edited:

If I put this...

Code:
-uia_exclude=HS01,HS02,HS03,HS04,HS05,HS06,HS07,HS08,HS09,HS10,HS11,HS12,SS07,SS08,SS09,SS10

… in as a boot flag, would it be sufficient to get me under the USB port limit in the Mac OS for the purposes of conducting a test to get the remaining usb 3.0 ports to work properly?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back