Contribute
Register

Moarfish's build - GA-B75M-D3H i5 3570K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are some shots of it going in verbose mode. I didn't install any FakeSmc plugins via Multibeast, just the regular FakeSmc

Specs are in the thumbnail

Hi abe, can you go into your BIOS and disable VT-d and see if that helps. You can keep VT-x enabled or disabled if you already it have that way. VT-x shouldn't matter.

VT-x might be listed as Intel Virtualisation Technology or Vanderpool depending on your BIOS.

THANK YOU!
I really appreciate this guide and a few of you that helped with some very newb questions. I have ML working now, with multibeast.

Headphone audio works, but line out doesnt. Time to try the fix suggested below but I am so happy!

finally got unibeast with ML from using a mac of a friends.
Installed on top of SL, and when the progress bar completed, it automatically rebooted. now the machine just restarts and loops.

I am going to try again and delete the existing partition first before installing ML.

UPDATE: Appears to installed completely, now I get a panic Unable to find driver for this platform \"ACPI\
I tried running ACPI=no and still get the error...
SOLVED: I was booting from iboot. When I booted from unibeast. it worked. ML is installed and running. Now for multibeast!

That seems to fix it, clean boot this time, takes longer than it was on 10.8.1 but its still good. I'll have to Google what vt-d actually does but for the most part im not seeing any issues with it disabled. Thanks alot for the help guys, now the painful part of hackintosh is done, will definitely time machine this image and call it a night, thanks again

By default system recognized as Mac Pro 3,1 do I have to make any changes with it and will it make any sense?

By default system recognized as Mac Pro 3,1 do I have to make any changes with it and will it make any sense?

Change it only if you would like to use AirPlay mirror. If not, the default settings give the best compatibility.

That seems to fix it, clean boot this time, takes longer than it was on 10.8.1 but its still good. I'll have to Google what vt-d actually does but for the most part im not seeing any issues with it disabled. Thanks alot for the help guys, now the painful part of hackintosh is done, will definitely time machine this image and call it a night, thanks again

VT-D is virtualisation for directed IO. I have no idea what it means either but Gigabyte boards have that setting in the BIOS and it defaults to Enabled. which is fine with 10.8.1 but not 10.8.2. I just checked my Zotac BIOS and it doesn't have that setting.

Time machine won't give you a bootable backup, maybe use Carbon Copy Cloner (will still require an installation of Chimera) or Norton Ghost to image the partition.

To get rid of the VoodooHDA that you installed, delete VoodooHDA.kext not AppleHDA.kext.

Or you can just move it to a different directory, say "/disabled".

i was able to rename the AppleHDA file and now its working. I did need to use "sudo" which is why it wasnt working last night. Love having a fresh head in the morning and getting it on my first try!

Now machine is booting without kp, and i have sound from my speakers!

Hey moarfish I have i5 3570K 16GB memory 128 ssd z77-ds3h pretty much the same build as you minus the motherboard your geekbench score is 11000 mine is 9400 what did you do to get your score so high? I don't have a graphics card do you? I am testing on 32bit thanks

I'm trying to install OS X Mountain Lion on my build, but it not even open the installation!

It is stuck at com_lnx2mac_RealtekRTL81xx: Ethernet adress 90:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx (my board mac address)

My build is:
GA-B75-D3H
i5 3570 (not K)
8 GB RAM Kingston 1333 Mhz
SSD Corsair Force Series 3 120 GB

But i can't even boot, i'm almost to give up! :(

Does someone may help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back