Contribute
Register

Moarfish's build - GA-B75M-D3H i5 3570K

Come to think of it, I'd recommend the UniBeast method installing Sierra over your existing install after you back it up. Upon completing the installation, run MultiBeast for Sierra for your configuration. MultiBeast will install an updated version of Clover and the appropriate kexts.

The Direct Update method was used before UniBeast & MultiBeast were updated for Sierra. So using the Uni/MultiBeast method saves you time and frustration. :thumbup:
This method worked really well, I ended up using a iMac13,2 definition because of the 3770k. iMessage still doesn't work though, even after this guide. Everything else seems to be working correctly though.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370M-D3H
CPU
i3-8750K
Graphics
RX 570
Mobile Phone
Android
Update on my sleep problem - it started working. Perfectly. I'm not sure why.

However, it only worked perfectly for a few days - now it's waking up again after going to sleep!

Sigh :rolleyes:

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3P
CPU
Xeon e3 1230v2
Graphics
Geforce 210
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Are you guys having luck with the ALC887/888b kext from Multibeast with Sierra? In Yosemite I had to use the older style kext with patched SSDT. I have no audio with the kext included in 9.0.1

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
I5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
Motherboard
ga-b75-d3h
CPU
i7 3770
Graphics
No
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hello everybody. A few years ago I did my first hackintosh by following the Moarfish build. These are my configurations:

- Gigabyte GA-B75m-D3H
- Intel Core i7 3770
- 4 x 2 Gb DDR3 1600
- HD 4000
- Current system: Mountain Lion

A simple configuration, as you can see. Everything has been working like a charm until today, but some software I want to update or install ask for a new system. I've read that I have to change my System Definition (MacPro 3.1) in order to be able to download Yosemite or Sierra or... from the AppStore. Is it true?

May I ask you about the best way to proceed? Which one should I have to choose: Yosemite, Capitan, Sierra...? And what´s the way to do: do I have to insert some kext before the installation or do I have to do something special? Do I have to do a clean install or a install from the scratch or it would be enough with a combo update or something like that?

I´m completely noob in this world, I´m sorry. I really need your best advice.

Thanks a lot and sorry about my bad English.

Last edited:

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO Z370
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
To download and use Sierra, you'll need a supported System Definition like iMac 14,1 (for on-board graphics, the default is 14,2 in the new MultiBeast). Apple, in Sierra, stopped supporting Apple Macs, iMacs and laptops prior to 2010. You can change your SysDef with MultiBeast (for the system you're now using).

Motherboard
ga-b75-d3h
CPU
i7 3770
Graphics
No
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Thanks, but... If I have to use my MultiBeast for Mountain Lion, the last option for iMac is the 13,1. Does it matter? I've tried with MultiBeast for El Capitan, but it shows an error in the installation....

rnb

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
[ Copypasting my post from another thread about the GA-B75M-D3H ]

GA-B75M-D3H
GeForce 210
10.12.3 Sierra
Clover UEFI mode

Can't get QE/CI full acceleration on the 210 or my two 8*00 cards. All 3 always worked with Chameleon all the way to Yosemite.

---------- EDIT:

Solved. See my linked post.

Last edited:
Motherboard
MSI Z270 GAMING M5
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
GTX 1080
Mobile Phone
Android
Hello guys!
I'm trying update from Mavericks to Sierra 10.12.3
And I have troubles with boot. One time per clean install.

My simple build:
- MoBo: GigaByte GA-B75M-D3P
- CPU: Intel i5-3570K
- GPU: integrated HD4000
- Memory: DDR3 1600Mhz 4x4Gb Corsair Vengeance LP
- SSD: SATA3 Crucial M4 128Gb​

1. I created bootable USB with Unibeast 7.0.1 with UEFI Clover
2. I can run installation only after few tries. Often with -v flag installation starts.
3. Installation runs smothly
4. Then I boot to my system from USB Clover. Sierra runs smothly. Download MultiBeast 9.0.1
5. I tried install UEFI Clover (without anything else) to my SSD
6. After reboot I can't start my Sierra (even from earlier successful bootable USB)

Another time tried install on SSD Legacy Clover. It don't boot system too.

It gets stuck with
- 'error loading kernel cache' (then I tried load 'without caches' option)
- just pluses
- black screen after progress completed

I need some advice, please.

Attachments

Last edited: