Contribute
Register

Moarfish's build - GA-B75M-D3H i5 3570K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I will go for it and then just use my Apple Cinema display to set everything up. I wonder if the vga will work with 10.6 as I will have to load that first since I don't have a mac running and app store to download the 10.8 mountain lion. I have an G5 tower with 10.4.11 on it and my powerbook with 10.5.8. So I will have to get the retail disk of 10.6

Thanks for the info.

-Scott

HD4000 graphics are not supported under Snow Leopard. You should probably borrow a GT210/EN210 if you can from a friend or neighbour - failing that buy one, they do not cost that much and will work under 10.6 through to 10.8. Your HD4000 is actually more powerful though once you get to Mountain Lion.

Adrian B

Has any gotten the dreaded black screen while trying to play a video that purchased in Itunes? I have had this happen before, but told Itunes to run in 32bit mode however it came back. BTW I have this exact build. Thanks.

Hello,

after a few years absence of customacc building, I found the urge to fiddle with OSX install a bit again. I used the same motherboard with a i5 3570 (no K) and a Geforce GTX 650TI. All went perfectly.

Including freshly install OSX 10.6 to buy Mountain Lion from the app store (using iBoot for Ivy Bridge) the whole process took about 1.5 hours to work 100%, although it took me 20 minutes to figure out I had to turn off VT-D in the BIOS in order to access the Mountain Lion Installer.

By the way, my audio Mute key on the Keyboard (Logitech K750 Unifying Mac Keyboard) works as it should and mutes the whole machine.

Now I´m happily dual booting Windows 7 (my wife needs it for special CAD stuff) and Mountain Lion 10.8.4 :)

Thanks for the helpful thread and all the tonymacx86 people for providing the amazing tools!

Bye
RobbieTobbie

Update - after flashing BIOS with latest version (F11 from F4), everything works perfectly! Sleep/sound/network/display, you name it. Use Q-Flash - just download the BIOS file, put on USB stick and boot into BIOS. Don't forget to change disk setup to AHCI, that' all I did this time.
Also did 10.8.2, and it still works great, just had to reinstall sound driver.
Peace.

I'm having a similar problem:

GA-B75M-D3H, BIOS came as F13 but I upgraded to F14
i3-3225 with HD4000
1TB samsung HDD
8GB ram

I've searched all around tonymacx86 and everyone is saying sleep is working, but mine does not work. It goes to sleep ok but when I press a key to wake it up the screen does not power on.

Working: sound, network, USB3, DVI, HDMI (have not tried HDMI audio)
Not working: sleep, About This Mac

I'm looking for a way to downgrade my BIOS to F11, just to see what happens. Has anyone upgraded to F14 and sleep broke?

Ok I did some experimenting, and it is because I turned on "Fast Boot"

I tried the F11, F12, F13, and F14 BIOS versions. They all work fine if you follow these steps:

1. Press F7 to load optimized defaults
2. Switch the SATA chipset to AHCI mode
(don't change anything else)

When I turn on Fast Boot, it looks nice because it doesn't show the BIOS logo but About This Mac and Sleep don't work.

Hi guys, I am trying to install snow leopard but I am having an issue. I am using this board with and i5 3570K. Everything seems to work fine with iboot but when i switch the dvds to the retail 10.6 and hit return the white screen comes up with the Gray apple logo the dvd drive turns off and the computer just sits there.

I have double and tripled checked everything but I must be missing something.

I have optimized the bios.
Change the boot from DVD drive 1st.
Change sata to AHCI mode.
I don't see an HPET setting.

is there a way to change the bios to look like the one in the iboot tutorial?

Should I take a memory out?

I have tried it with the
[h=1]ASUS EN210 SILENT/DI/1GD3/C872MPI GeForce 210[/h]installed and un-installed.

also the DVI on the MOBO doesn't have the 4 pins around the flat spade slot on the connector, will my apple cinema display fit in this? It don't look like the dvi on the graphics card.

Helps if I have the right iboot.......SMH!!!!!!!!!!<------Idiot

Hey guys
I just got myself this board, version F14, and I can't get it to boot the installer or my previous OS X installation unless Im using -x & -v
Otherwise it just hangs at an ACPI error

Im using an i7 2600 (not k), Gigabyte HD5770 & 3x 4GB 1333 ram modules.

I followed the guide, + others' guides, tried many BIOS settings, defaults & using AHCI, & nothing seems to work for me so far?
Should I be installing without the GPU in? Even though I know that it's widely OS X supported?

Any help would be much appreciated =]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back