Contribute
Register

Moarfish's build - GA-B75M-D3H i5 3570K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone encountered a delayed internet connection when waking from sleep and using ethernet.

I have noticed that when I wake from sleep, it takes about 10 seconds for the internet to connect. I came across this thread:

http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?p=73005

but it is old and may not be relevant to our board.

Noticed a numbering scheme problem with ga-b75 d3h memory.
Gigabyte says to put mem in slots 1 and 2 ( slot away from cpu the farthest,blank slot,then in third slot which is two in their numbering scheme.
In About This Mac summary this shows up as slot 1 and slot 3: Apple numbering scheme ( 0-3 ).
I am using Mac Pro 3,1 def.
Does this affect memory performance ?
My 1600 mhz theoretically can do 13 gb/sec but Geekbench and Nova Bench report about 9/10

Noticed a numbering scheme problem with ga-b75 d3h memory.
Gigabyte says to put mem in slots 1 and 2 ( slot away from cpu the farthest,blank slot,then in third slot which is two in their numbering scheme.
In About This Mac summary this shows up as slot 1 and slot 3: Apple numbering scheme ( 0-3 ).
I am using Mac Pro 3,1 def.
Does this affect memory performance ?
My 1600 mhz theoretically can do 13 gb/sec but Geekbench and Nova Bench report about 9/10

As long as you have your two memory sticks fitted into the same coloured memory slots, everything will be fine. Geekbench and Nova Bench software is known to be flawed, so don't worry about what they report. If Mac System info says OK, then is is.

:thumbup:

Has anyone encountered a delayed internet connection when waking from sleep and using ethernet.

I have noticed that when I wake from sleep, it takes about 10 seconds for the internet to connect. I came across this thread:

http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?p=73005

but it is old and may not be relevant to our board.

It does on mine.
I am using PleaseSleep for an "automatic" sleep after some inactivity time.
When waking up, I don't have Internet for few seconds. I can see my Dropbox not yet synched. And if I'm too fast to open a web page, it's not loading.
But it did not bother me much.
Compared to my old iMac than needed log time to wake up. Here I have 1s to wake up + 5s to get Internet. Still much faster. :D

I have made an exact same replica of Moarfish's build . everything was going fine for around 5 months but the mac requested for a software update which i ignored . Today when I was using it the message prompted " restart to install update" . I had accindently turned off my Hackintosh and now it doesn't boot beyond the grey screen with apple logo:banghead: . Also i get this cross sign . How can I get through this I am stuck now

here is the image of my screen
IMG_0981[1].jpg

please help

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Turns out this happened because my SATA was not running 'AHCI' its set back and now things are back to normal . This may have happened since my motherboard may have been reset .

Hi Guys,
Looking to do my first hackintosh with this board GA-B75M-D3H and my old Sawtooth. Was just wondering since my bench has a cheap flat screen that has a vga connector. Will the vga port work since my CPU is an intel core i5-3570k with intel HD4000? Or will I have to get out the DVI to vga converter for building this best and setting it up before putting it in my office with an Apple Cinema display.

Is this a good board to start with since it is my first build or should I look for a GA-B75M-D3P on ebay?

Thanks guys.

Hi Guys,
Looking to do my first hackintosh with this board GA-B75M-D3H and my old Sawtooth. Was just wondering since my bench has a cheap flat screen that has a vga connector. Will the vga port work since my CPU is an intel core i5-3570k with intel HD4000? Or will I have to get out the DVI to vga converter for building this best and setting it up before putting it in my office with an Apple Cinema display.

Is this a good board to start with since it is my first build or should I look for a GA-B75M-D3P on ebay?

Thanks guys.

The GA-B75M-D3H is a good board. As Moarfish notes on the front page VGA/D-SUB does not work. In VGA/D-SUB does not work on any motherboard that I am aware of at all with Mountain Lion. It will work with some graphics cards but it is completely random. I would advise rather than relying on an old adaptor/ graphics card solution to a modern problem that you focus on using suitable hardware. That is where your money will be better spent long term.

Adrian B

The GA-B75M-D3H is a good board. As Moarfish notes on the front page VGA/D-SUB does not work. In VGA/D-SUB does not work on any motherboard that I am aware of at all with Mountain Lion. It will work with some graphics cards but it is completely random. I would advise rather than relying on an old adaptor/ graphics card solution to a modern problem that you focus on using suitable hardware. That is where your money will be better spent long term.

Adrian B

I completely agree with Adrian B's comments. I finished a Quicksilver mod about 4 weeks ago with the same board. Everything runs very smoothly.

Ok I will go for it and then just use my Apple Cinema display to set everything up. I wonder if the vga will work with 10.6 as I will have to load that first since I don't have a mac running and app store to download the 10.8 mountain lion. I have an G5 tower with 10.4.11 on it and my powerbook with 10.5.8. So I will have to get the retail disk of 10.6

Thanks for the info.

-Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back