Contribute
Register

Moarfish's build - GA-B75M-D3H i5 3570K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys,
Ok I got mine up and running, I can't believe how fast it is. I just have one little bug. I have my apple cinema display connected and the bios flash screen shows up fine but when I hit the del key to go into the bios it is all distorted. Is there anyway to fix this? The machine works fine like I said. OSX looks and feels great on this display. If I connect my small VGA screen, the bios flash screen shows and then when in the bios everything displays perfectly. Of course osx won't load with the vga hooked up. Using the onboard graphics with this mobo of course.

Thanks

I think that the problem shown in your first photograph is a graphics issue for HD4000.

Check your UEFI Bios under peripherals. You need to have IGFX (integrated graphics) set and Internal graphics memory should be set at 64MB.

In MultiBeast under Customization > Boot Options, you need to select '1080P'

Adrian B

I had fix this problem, thanks a lot!!
I got my audio, network, everything seems ok, and just one thing, I can not boot into my Mac OSX without using the UniBeast USB. If I unplug it, when the computer start, it can not get into the bootloader, can just shows the error as this....

it the problem of bootloader? I had already install Chimera 2.1.1...

Thanks for help!!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_4440.JPG
    IMG_4440.JPG
    214.3 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_4442.JPG
    IMG_4442.JPG
    133.5 KB · Views: 255
Question for you guys,

I am using this MOBO with an 23"apple cinema display. I can't get the bios screen to look right. The splash screen with the logo is fine but the acutal bios screen is messed up. See pictures below. When I boot into 10.8.4 is looks and feels great.

See pics below.

Also I found out that this mobo will work with VGA when you have GraphicsEnable set to no. hahahah found that out by mistake. Looks really big on a 17" preview crappy vga lcd flat screen, hahahaha. But everything in the bios shows up on the vga.

How can i get the bios setting screen to look normal?

Would changing the memory size work or graphic clock in MHZ? i just think the resolution is off in the bio for the apple cinema to work correctly.

photo 2.JPGGetAttachment.aspx.jpeg

Maybe this isn't the best thread to be posting about your problem but,
it's a known issue with Cinema displays and 3D BIOS - Some people use a different monitor to set up their BIOS.
Something to do with Apple not supporting the low resolution I believe.

i have made more than 100 hackintosh
more than 40 is having b75m-d3h mother board
with i3, i5, i7 also
gfx asus 210 silent, 8400, 9400, 9500, 450,610 (lion) last one is 650 & 650 ti (mountain lion only) gigabyte 5770 hd
i have not tried ssd

i have started with leopard using wiki.osx86project.org ended with tonymacx86 & multibeast

thanks, thanks, thanks tonymacx86.com

Question for you guys,

I am using this MOBO with an 23"apple cinema display. I can't get the bios screen to look right. The splash screen with the logo is fine but the acutal bios screen is messed up. See pictures below. When I boot into 10.8.4 is looks and feels great.

See pics below.

How can i get the bios setting screen to look normal?

Would changing the memory size work or graphic clock in MHZ? i just think the resolution is off in the bio for the apple cinema to work correctly.
I had the same problem with my 23" ACD & my test rig Z77-DS3H. It's a problem with Gigabyte's 7-series motherboards UEFI BIOS and the ACD screen resolution negotiation. So, the GA-Z77's BIOS and most ACD's are not compatible. However, the ACD and Z77 work OK once the OS is booted.

BTW, my 23" ACD works with the BIOS for my P55M and Z68 systems. It's just the Ivy Bridge systems' UEFI BIOS are not compatible with certain ACD's. :thumbdown:

Thanks for your post, I have this newly built:
Main: GA-B75M-D3H rev 1.1
CPU: Intel Xeon E3 1230v2
Ram: Corsair 8GB 1600Mhz XMS3
Graphics: ASUS 1GB EAH5450 SILENT/DI/1GD3
Hard drive: SSD Kingmax 60GB + Seagate 2TB 5600rpm

I managed to installed 10.8.3, upgrading to 10.8.4. Ethernet kext works fine, so I can't surfing arround solving problems quite well.

There is however one problem... I can't boot normally to the system. I've tried to install many kexts for the gfx but no result.:banghead:
When booting with -v, the system stuck at
Code:
[I]AMDCedarGraphicsAccelerator[/I]: **[I]Device[/I] is in [I]slot[/I]

Any ideas for this problem.

I have reinstall ML like 20 times @@

P/s: my old build: main: Intel DG31PR, CPU: Core 2 duo e7300, Ram corsair 2 GB 8MHz run 10.8.4 smoothly with this graphic card without problems with kexts here

OK I figured out the problem. It was because I left bios setting with VT-d: enable. Disabling it did the job :clap::clap::clap:
Screen Shot 2013-08-10 at 9.40.49 AM.png

Thanks for your post, I have this newly built:
Main: GA-B75M-D3H rev 1.1
CPU: Intel Xeon E3 1230v2
Ram: Corsair 8GB 1600Mhz XMS3
Graphics: ASUS 1GB EAH5450 SILENT/DI/1GD3
Hard drive: SSD Kingmax 60GB + Seagate 2TB 5600rpm

I managed to installed 10.8.3, upgrading to 10.8.4. Ethernet kext works fine, so I can't surfing arround solving problems quite well.

There is however one problem... I can't boot normally to the system. I've tried to install many kexts for the gfx but no result.:banghead:
When booting with -v, the system stuck at
Code:
[I]AMDCedarGraphicsAccelerator[/I]: **[I]Device[/I] is in [I]slot[/I]

Any ideas for this problem.

I have reinstall ML like 20 times @@

P/s: my old build: main: Intel DG31PR, CPU: Core 2 duo e7300, Ram corsair 2 GB 8MHz run 10.8.4 smoothly with this graphic card without problems with kexts here

Hi there
I have essentially copied this exact same build and have after a matter of hours got it put together and mountain lion installed. Thank you for providing a simple (and affordable:D) build for us.
Can anyone tell me though, is there a common solution for an issue I am having. If i put the hackintosh to sleep it seems to shut down rather than sleep. I have to hit the power button to get the computer running again and it goes past the gigabyte splash screen and then takes me to login screen.
I made sure i didn't have the nullcpupowermanagement kext as this seemed to be one suggestion. I have tried a couple of reinstalls and each time everything seems to work great except sleep.

I am using hd4000 and followed the steps in the OP.

Cheers

Edit: Seems to be working after another reinstall. Cheers anyway Moarfish for the build and the other helpers that have posted in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back