Contribute
Register

Moarfish's build - GA-B75M-D3H i5 3570K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I came across a solution for my i7 2600, as perkaithefinn's post + zip, featuring BIOS screen shots -

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...ss-gigabyte-ga-b75m-d3h-100-a.html#post546368

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...-gigabyte-ga-b75m-d3h-100-a-2.html#post588914

Turns out that it all came down to the BIOS settings.

Now during the thread, we've all seen the phrase "just reset BIOS to defaults, & change IDE to AHCI". Which, no matter how many times it was suggested, didn't help me at all. The installer wouldn't boot no matter what, & I could only boot to my previous OS X install using -v -x.
I suspect that its because I'm using a Sandy Bridge processor, & the on-board video has issues with these processors?..
Originally that didn't bother me, as I use a Gigabyte HD 5770 - But I still wasn't able to boot.

BUT after changing my BIOS settings to match kaithefinn's, as in the links above, everything was booting as normal. Even my previous OS X installation. (Although I chose to run the installer anyway, without formatting, to keep all my settings & files).

Upon first boot, simply follow the rest of the guide (from Multibeast onwards).
Hope this helps out others, as much as it helped me! :D

Hi guys, I am a new builder of hackintosh. I got a problem about the install, please help. Thanks a lot.

I am using the i5-3570k on this GA-B75M-D3H board with HD4000, WD 1TB Blue harddisk, ADATA DDR3 1600 8GB RAM.

I do the BIOS setting as Moarfish's install, and when my 10.8 install was done, I cannot pass the reboot after the install complete. I cannot even get into the desktop.

What setting should I change or how can I fix this problem?? Hope you guys can help, Thanks a lot!!!

Hi guys, I am a new builder of hackintosh. I got a problem about the install, please help. Thanks a lot.

I am using the i5-3570k on this GA-B75M-D3H board with HD4000, WD 1TB Blue harddisk, ADATA DDR3 1600 8GB RAM.

I do the BIOS setting as Moarfish's install, and when my 10.8 install was done, I cannot pass the reboot after the install complete. I cannot even get into the desktop.

What setting should I change or how can I fix this problem?? Hope you guys can help, Thanks a lot!!!

If you use the boot flag -v then take a picture of when the text stops - photograph does need to be clear to read.
You might get to the desktop using the boot flag -x then repair permissions to see if that sorts the problems - you do not want to be using 'trim' without a SSD.

Adrian B

If you use the boot flag -v then take a picture of when the text stops - photograph does need to be clear to read.
You might get to the desktop using the boot flag -x then repair permissions to see if that sorts the problems - you do not want to be using 'trim' without a SSD.

Adrian B

Thanks for reply!!!

I used -x boot into the desktop and install the MultiBeast 5.4.1 as Moarfish's picture

But when the install was done, I restart the system (also using -x to boot in safe mode), the graphics was like this..... BTW I am using DVI connection.

And the -v picture is here... hope can help, thanks !!!!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_4435.JPG
    IMG_4435.JPG
    477.7 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_4437.JPG
    IMG_4437.JPG
    490.2 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_4439.JPG
    IMG_4439.JPG
    465.6 KB · Views: 157
Thanks for reply!!!

I used -x boot into the desktop and install the MultiBeast 5.4.1 as Moarfish's picture

But when the install was done, I restart the system (also using -x to boot in safe mode), the graphics was like this..... BTW I am using DVI connection.

And the -v picture is here... hope can help, thanks !!!!!!!

You need to use Mountain Lion from the App Store

Oh Yes I am using the Mountain Lion download from the App Store..... it's 10.8.4...

I purchase it at App Store......

Is it the problem about the graphics HD4000?? Cause when I chick into the "about Mac", it shows the HD4000 graphics as "internal graphics 64MB". and it only got 1024x768 resolution. How can I fix it??

really need your help, Thank you so much!!!

Is it the problem about the graphics HD4000?? Cause when I chick into the "about Mac", it shows the HD4000 graphics as "internal graphics 64MB". and it only got 1024x768 resolution. How can I fix it??

really need your help, Thank you so much!!!

I think that the problem shown in your first photograph is a graphics issue for HD4000.

Check your UEFI Bios under peripherals. You need to have IGFX (integrated graphics) set and Internal graphics memory should be set at 64MB.

In MultiBeast under Customization > Boot Options, you need to select '1080P'

Adrian B

I used this guide below along with morfish's

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...astly-success-gigabyte-ga-b75m-d3h-100-a.html

I had to type

PCIRootUID=0

to get to my desktop

but all is running ok now.

I used the latest unibeast, and multibeast and AppleAHCIInjector.

I am still very new to this customac stuff but that is what I did to get mine up and running. Now I just have to install everything in the G4 tower.

Hope this helps
-Scott

I used this board as well after reading this thread and the beastly success thread. It is a rev 1.1 board, not sure what bios it is.

intel g2120
extreme sandisk ssd 120gb
msi 210 gpu
4gb of kingston hyper blu 1333mhz
unibeast 10.8.4

I followed moarfish's multibeast install and everything works, I literally had a stable/useable install within an hour. Didn't have to reinstall or anything. But i have only been using it for a day or so. Occasionally the audio pops, but that might be the really old speakers! For those of you who have had it running for awhile, have you run into any stability issues? I built it as a family computer (people who aren't super tech savvy)

P.S. In an attempt to get hd2500 to work i changed the system definition to the recommended mac mini 6.1. Never ended up getting it to work so i switched to the 210. Should I switch it back to the mac pro 3.1? If so, would I just run mulitbeast and select that sys. def.? Does it then just install over the previous definition?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back