Contribute
Register

Memory corrupted after longer sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can confirm that swapping the memory modules for Kingston ones fixes this issue for me.

Can you tell me which Kit exactly you are using? Is it "HyperX Fury HX316C10FK2/16"?

I am using Hyper Fury X part no. KHX1866C10D38G and getting this system panic after sleep...

I tried HyperX Fury HX316C10FK2/16 now, and still got KPs... :banghead:

Maybe this is related to the combination of Haswell CPU + Motherboard and Yosemite?
In that case it is strange, that pista7 got it (still?) fixed...

Didn't had a KP for 3 days(!) now, after switching the DIMM sockets for my 2 RAMs from 2 & 3 to 0 & 1....
:crazy:

Glad to know that some of you found a fix.

I don't have the money to try different RAM modules and I know I'll repeat myself: no sleep= no KP since more than one week!

Guess I'll also have to cut back on sleep and hope that pista is correct in his prediction apple will fix it for us in an update... siiigh

Can you tell me which Kit exactly you are using? Is it "HyperX Fury HX316C10FK2/16"?

Yes.

BTW: This is preliminary, but I finally got my original Crucial Kit swapped out after a long discussion. The replacements have been working fine for a day and five sleep cycles of various lengths. Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best.

So it may be production tolerances or bad timing settings or whatever. You should think kick-starting a replacement process, if this test is successful. ;)

Well… the new kit did survive more than a dozen sleep/wake cycles over the course of two days. In the end though, I had another panic on wake. So while better the new kit is not rock solid like the Kingston kit.

I just put both kits in together and realized that the latches of the Crucial modules I have been using in my previous test hadn’t clicked in all the way. Oops. Why did this work reliably at all? :D

PSA: Check yours. ;)

So it works now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back