CPU
Intel Core i7 4770K
Graphics
EVGA GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Some ASUS boards have issues with sleep. A friend of mine has a ASUS Z97 board sleep is funny. I have had two Gigabyte H97 boards. Sleep doesn't work on my H97N-WIFI but works fine on a H97M-D3H perfect fine. Remember Z/H97 boards is not native hardware so will have problems regardless.

VioletDragon:

So I've installed the H97 Plus board and, as you predicted, I am having sleep issues. Thankfully, no spontaneous reboots like I was having with the Gigabyte board. However, the system immediately wakes up after going to sleep. Is there any chance you could take a look at my IOreg and Clover folder and let me know what obvious problems exist?

Thanks.

Attachments

• OfficeMac.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 71
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H77N-WIFI
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
VioletDragon:

So I've installed the H97 Plus board and, as you predicted, I am having sleep issues. Thankfully, no spontaneous reboots like I was having with the Gigabyte board. However, the system immediately wakes up after going to sleep. Is there any chance you could take a look at my IOreg and Clover folder and let me know what obvious problems exist?

Thanks.

ACPI is not patched. AppleLPC is not loaded. USB isn't implemented properly, MCHC & SMBUS isn't implemented. SATA is coming under SAT0 you have a lot of work to do.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H77N-WIFI
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I've linked relevant bits from my EFI partition, which is rather vanilla. Please have a look at:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/81hifzg0kd23lsh/config.plist?dl=0

The clover.plist (minus SN), and a single FakeSMC kext that goes on Kexts:Other, are there, to get you started. As far as patching the DSDT, I've included mine, but can't help you regarding how they were generated, because I just can't recall - it would be OK to use them, I guess, as a starting point.

Regarding the sleep issue: it's been 18+ months know, and only once or twice did I encounter anything resembling a wake from sleep crash (believe me, I know how it was with a GA-Z97x-SLI). The Asus system is on 24/7, rebooted only after OSX upgrades.

The problem is gone, take my word for it!

HTH, Xen.

And of course the link is a 404, why do people not upload to the forum, so files will live longer :(

All uploads needs to be attached too the Forums (Upload a File) not 3rd party sites.

Motherboard
Ignore me
CPU
I'm ignoring
Graphics
Forum Rules !!!!
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. iBook
  3. LC
  4. Power Mac
  5. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Sorry about that; I have always considered EFI folders (and everything Clover-related) to be quite ephemeral, and of no value to younger generations :)

FWIW, here is that EFI folder you mentioned!

Take care,

Xen

Attachments

• xenophon61EFIexcertpts.zip
    134.6 KB · Views: 68
Motherboard
GA-Z87X-UD4H
CPU
Intel i5-4670K
Graphics
GTX 750 ti
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Sorry about that; I have always considered EFI folders (and everything Clover-related) to be quite ephemeral, and of no value to younger generations :)

FWIW, here is that EFI folder you mentioned!

Take care,

Xen
I'm not really sure what you mean by being of no value and ephemeral, but I'm very grateful to you uploading your EFI folders, they may prove of use if nothing more than comparison to others and my own as I battle through the mine field that is the Hackintosh world of Audio woes, USB and Bluetooth miseries :)
Also keeps threads useful into the future if all the parts are available to people.

Motherboard
Ignore me
CPU
I'm ignoring
Graphics
Forum Rules !!!!
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. iBook
  3. LC
  4. Power Mac
  5. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
2019 update on my Haswell / ASUS H97 Plus (running Mojave): came to realize that the following pmset settings provide the best in terms of stability:

Code:
$ pmset -g
System-wide power settings:
Currently in use:
standby              0
Sleep On Power Button 1
womp                 1
autorestart          0
hibernatefile        /var/vm/sleepimage
powernap             1
networkoversleep     0
disksleep            10
standbydelayhigh     86400
sleep                53
autopoweroffdelay    28800
hibernatemode        0
autopoweroff         0
ttyskeepawake        1
displaysleep         53
highstandbythreshold 50
standbydelaylow      86400

More specifically, standby and autopoweroff set to 0 allow continued use for months, without the need for restarts! PowerNap works beautifuly.

Hope this helps somebody. Greetings.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.