Contribute
Register

Memory corrupted after longer sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not super literate in these manners - but I desperately would like to avoid these continuing crashes. Let me know how to help!

I had the same issue on a Z97X-UD5H / i7 4790K. Update to 10.10.3 seems to have fixed the problem but it's only been a couple days. I'll report back. I'm using one stick of Ballistix Tactical LP and a 14,2 sysdef in Clover.

Any news? It would be really nice if it works with the new update, since I haven't had a chance to try wastez23's suggestion yet.

For me the problem still persists with 10.10.3 (the whole error appeared after switching to clover btw).
Is there a way to test the suggestion from wastez23? I'm also not quite sure what files to change...

For me the problem still persists with 10.10.3 (the whole error appeared after switching to clover btw).
Is there a way to test the suggestion from wastez23? I'm also not quite sure what files to change...

To test it, go to /System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/X86PlatformPlugin.kext/Contents/Resources/ and select the plist that matches your model name (for example, if you are using iMac14,2 it will be Mac-27ADBB7B4CEE8E61.plist)

I experienced this deep sleep problem months ago but never checked if someone had such problems till today. I will try the suggested fix by wastez23 tonight and see if the computer doesn't crash.

In my case, my computer blinks a light when in sleep mode. After a long time, the light stays lit and the only way I can go back into Yosemite is clearing up the CMOS and re-configuring the UEFI options again.

To test it, go to /System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/X86PlatformPlugin.kext/Contents/Resources/ and select the plist that matches your model name (for example, if you are using iMac14,2 it will be Mac-27ADBB7B4CEE8E61.plist)

I experienced this deep sleep problem months ago but never checked if someone had such problems till today. I will try the suggested fix by wastez23 tonight and see if the computer doesn't crash.

In my case, my computer blinks a light when in sleep mode. After a long time, the light stays lit and the only way I can go back into Yosemite is clearing up the CMOS and re-configuring the UEFI options again.

I did the change proposed by wastez23 but it didn't worked on my machine. This morning it was in the same "limbo" state and had to reset CMOS. Is there any other thing you did apart from removing that section from the plist, wastez23?

I think my hack suffers the same problem:

Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H rev. 1.1
i7 4790
16gb of 1600 mHz RAM
A bunch (5) of SATA HDD's
Nvidia 9600gt
External HDD's (1xUSB 2.0 and 1xUSB 3.0)

It happens on Mavericks or Yosemite so far. Usually, the computer has a KP in the middle of the night or the first time I hit the keyboard in the morning.

It seems that if I unplug my USB 3.0 Seagate Backup Slim (2 TB), the problem goes away but I remember it happened once (or two) while an USB stick was plugged, triggering the KP.

I boot with Ozmosis for what it's worth but it happened in Clover too before.

I tried the suggestion of wastez23 but it didn't worked. I have an SMBIOS of an iMac 14,2 but I think I'll try 15,1 and update to Yosemite 10.10.3 and report back.

I also patched with ssdtPRGen.sh and an ssdt from Toleda permitting lpc to load (ssdt-ami-9series_lpc).

In my console these are the last lines before it died:

Code:
Apr 18 00:40:48 kernel[0]: kern_open_file_for_direct_io(0) took 4 ms
Apr 18 00:40:48 kernel[0]: Opened file /var/vm/sleepimage, size 2147483648, partition base 0x0, maxio 2000000 ssd 1
Apr 18 00:40:48 kernel[0]: hibernate image major 1, minor 0, blocksize 4096, pollers 5

So I'm guessing it is caused because the computer wants to hibernate and is not able to do so...
Anybody else sees relevant lines to hibernation in the console?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back