Radeon HD 7950
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello Everyone,

I've currently made a boot USB to install Mavericks on this laptop: http://www.msi.com/product/nb/GE70-2OE.html

I tried booting into the USB stick, and it worked, I could select what to boot and pressed enter. I could see the apple logo for a few seconds and my laptop suddenly restarts. I tried again using boot flags: -x -v -s. i could see a lot of text passing on my screen, when suddenly, again, my laptop restarts.

Is it possible to install onto this laptop? Am I doing something wrong? Any advice?

Hello Everyone,

I've currently made a boot USB to install Mavericks on this laptop: http://www.msi.com/product/nb/GE70-2OE.html

I tried booting into the USB stick, and it worked, I could select what to boot and pressed enter. I could see the apple logo for a few seconds and my laptop suddenly restarts. I tried again using boot flags: -x -v -s. i could see a lot of text passing on my screen, when suddenly, again, my laptop restarts.

Is it possible to install onto this laptop? Am I doing something wrong? Any advice?

Must be a Haswell CPU... Certain machines with Haswell have this reboot early in the kernel. I don't think there is a solution yet. Do some searching...

Must be a Haswell CPU... Certain machines with Haswell have this reboot early in the kernel. I don't think there is a solution yet. Do some searching...

Patching a bios file with PMPatcher and flashing it worked for me on my Clevo. But this is really risky.

Patching a bios file with PMPatcher and flashing it worked for me on my Clevo. But this is really risky.

For the reboot issue? Or for the locked MSRs problem? Because locked MSRs can be worked around with patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement or with NullCPU...

For the reboot issue? Or for the locked MSRs problem? Because locked MSRs can be worked around with patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement or with NullCPU...

Yes, the reboot issue. I tried pretty much everything before I found PMPatcher and the only other thing that worked was replacing the mach_kernel with a modified 10.8.4 one but that doesn't work on Mavericks.

Yes, the reboot issue. I tried pretty much everything before I found PMPatcher and the only other thing that worked was replacing the mach_kernel with a modified 10.8.4 one but that doesn't work on Mavericks.

That would indicate that in certain cases the Mavericks kernel is doing some power management stuff attempting to write to locked MSRs. I wonder if disabling UEFI on such a system would help?

Nope, I can't even start OS X when using UEFI mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back