Contribute
Register

MacOs Sierra 10.12/10.13 on ASUS X99 Deluxe/U3.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I followed this guide and I was able to install Sierra on a SSD. Everything is working fine except audio (no audio at all). I have not figured out how to enable audio. Besides my PCIe Wi-Fi card which works in Windows and which worked during the MultiBeast post install is no longer "seen" by Mac OS X.

Any suggestion?

Thanks

Asus X99-AII , i7-5820k, GTX-950

I followed this guide and I was able to install Sierra on a SSD. Everything is working fine except audio (no audio at all). I have not figured out how to enable audio. Besides my PCIe Wi-Fi card which works in Windows and which worked during the MultiBeast post install is no longer "seen" by Mac OS X.

Any suggestion?

Thanks

Asus X99-AII , i7-5820k, GTX-950

Read here for WiFi : [Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2

Read here for Audio : Audio - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

Thanks. That looks a bit scary to me. But I will take the time to try and understand those guides.

On what MB are you trying?

ON Asus X99-AII , i7-5820k, GTX-950. But I must say that my installation was successful in following another user's guide on this site. I am even getting HDMI audio by simply adding a specifickext.

Did you try with CodecCommander.kext and

Code:
        <key>Audio</key>
        <dict>
            <key>Inject</key>
            <string>11</string> 
        </dict>

in config.plist like it is in this guide?

Also do you have a custom DSDT set?

Yes, I tried with CodecCommander.kext and I certainly did something wrong since I messed up my system that would no longer boot and I had to re-install Sierra. No, I don't have a custom DSDT.

Yes, I tried with CodecCommander.kext and I certainly did something wrong since I messed up my system that would no longer boot and I had to re-install Sierra. No, I don't have a custom DSDT.

If you don't have a custom DSDT then you need to rename AZAL to HDEF from Clover, you can do it by adding the following DSDT patch in config.plist

Code:
                <dict>
                    <key>Comment</key>
                    <string>Rename ALZA to HDEF</string>
                    <key>Find</key>
                    <data>QUxaQQ==</data>
                    <key>Replace</key>
                    <data>SERFRg==</data>
                </dict>

in ACPI -> DSDT -> Patches as AppleHDA.kext expects the device to be called HDEF. CodecCommander.kext is more related to sleep issues from what I understood and you should get audio going without it also.

@dMatik : Can you create tutorial?
I don't create USB boot sierra!

MB: ASUS X99 Deluxe/U3.1

Hey what Bios version are you on?

Also are you using the m.2 NVME card that was included with the board or the m.2 NVME connector on the board?

I was playing around with an ASRock Extreme4, but will be taking it back for this AUSU since you had luck with it and did a lot of the work already.

I have a i7-5930K so I will make my own SSDT.

Really appreciate your help. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back