Register

MacOs Sierra 10.12/10.13 on ASUS X99 Deluxe/U3.1

Motherboard
Asus X-99 Deluxe
CPU
i7-5930K
Graphics
GTX 960M
So, here is the my current efi folder for my ASUS X99 DELUXE U 3.1 mobo, with Intel 5820K OC at 4.5 ghz on MacOS 10.12.5 ! I've included the latest Clover Configurator in the archive, is the best thing i've used in hackintoshing with clover.
If you don't have the same hardware like me, I recommend to try files from this efi folder (kext's, ssdt's, driveres...etc) on an external clover usb to not mess your efi on hdd/ssd.
The most important thing, have fun with this :D

Note: ssdt.aml is for my OC cpu at 4.5 ghz. If you have the same OC, you can use it without a worry.

Note2: I've changed my smbios to imac14.2 for native CPUPM (haswell)

NVIDIA MSI 960 drivers

Hi all, I'm new here, as many of us, so I'm sorry if I'm missing something very stupid about the nvidia drivers but it's the third time I'm installing Sierra due to incorrect driver installation.

(
First part completed with no issues, here is my build:
- ASUS X99 DELUXE (not 3.1 , not II) with updated UEFI
- Intel Haswell i7 5930K (6 core)
- MSI GTX 960 2G (the main problem)
- 128 GB RAM Gskill RIpjaws V DDR4 F4-3000C14Q2-128GVR
- SSD Crucial CT250MX 256GB
- Downloaded Mac Os Sierra 10.12.6

I installed clover not via unibeast but via terminal command
sudo /Applications/Install \ macOS \ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install \ macOS \ Sierra.app --nointeraction

Then downloaded the files as stated in guide I followed (clover included, I can show all passages and clover conf if the problem with MSI might be in this part), installed clover, replace files as needed.

Then setted BIOS exactly as stated by gentle dMatik
Intel XHCI = YES
XHCI HANDOFF =YES
EHCI HANDOFF=NO
EIST/TURBO=Enabled
CPU CSTATES=AUTO
CSMSUPPORT=DISABLED
SECUREBOOT=OTHER OS
SYNC ALL CORES, RATIO 43 MANUAL VOLTAGE 1.168)

Needed to boot from pen drive three times, then I was able to erase disk and install Sierra.
Once competed, re-set BIOS options to default, except the secureboot.
Now, all it's working well, USB, wifi, I installed drivers of my Mbox Audio Interface, even my touch screen.
I have not set disk booting yet (it was working in the previous attemps) but from pen drive Sierra boots normally.
)

NOW:
I need to install the nvidia drivers, how is the procedure for MSI 960?
In both guides I tried, when it comes to download the web-driver.pkg, the only one recognized was the 378.05.05.25f01.
All other newer version were rejected.

Thanks for all your efforts!!!
Guy

Last edited by a moderator:
Motherboard
ASUS X99 Deluxe
CPU
i7-5820K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
NVIDIA MSI 960 drivers

Hi all, I'm new here, as many of us, so I'm sorry if I'm missing something very stupid about the nvidia drivers but it's the third time I'm installing Sierra due to incorrect driver installation.

(
First part completed with no issues, here is my build:
- ASUS X99 DELUXE (not 3.1 , not II) with updated UEFI
- Intel Haswell i7 5930K (6 core)
- MSI GTX 960 2G (the main problem)
- 128 GB RAM Gskill RIpjaws V DDR4 F4-3000C14Q2-128GVR
- SSD Crucial CT250MX 256GB
- Downloaded Mac Os Sierra 10.12.6

I installed clover not via unibeast but via terminal command
sudo /Applications/Install \ macOS \ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install \ macOS \ Sierra.app --nointeraction

Then downloaded the files as stated in guide I followed (clover included, I can show all passages and clover conf if the problem with MSI might be in this part), installed clover, replace files as needed.

Then setted BIOS exactly as stated by gentle dMatik
Intel XHCI = YES
XHCI HANDOFF =YES
EHCI HANDOFF=NO
EIST/TURBO=Enabled
CPU CSTATES=AUTO
CSMSUPPORT=DISABLED
SECUREBOOT=OTHER OS
SYNC ALL CORES, RATIO 43 MANUAL VOLTAGE 1.168)

Needed to boot from pen drive three times, then I was able to erase disk and install Sierra.
Once competed, re-set BIOS options to default, except the secureboot.
Now, all it's working well, USB, wifi, I installed drivers of my Mbox Audio Interface, even my touch screen.
I have not set disk booting yet (it was working in the previous attemps) but from pen drive Sierra boots normally.
)

NOW:
I need to install the nvidia drivers, how is the procedure for MSI 960?
In both guides I tried, when it comes to download the web-driver.pkg, the only one recognized was the 378.05.05.25f01.
All other newer version were rejected.

Thanks for all your efforts!!!
Guy
Hey, I think you should try high sierra, If you want I can post my efi for 10.13.6 and my bios settings. That guide for sierra is highly outdated, in my new setup I've followed KGP's amazing guide and all works flawlesly. All ! for the motherboard, there is no difference between asus x99 deluxe and asus x99 deluxe u3.1, apart for the usb 3.1 card.

Last edited by a moderator:
Motherboard
Asus X-99 Deluxe
CPU
i7-5930K
Graphics
GTX 960M
Thank you!!!
All right, so I came to this point now:
- started again from fresh install of High Sierra, unibeast tool on pen drive. Fine.
- Needed to set BIOS again with the cores sync and slightly higher voltage of CPU (I put 1.3 V, cpu temp increased to 93°)
- Installed High Sierra properly
- Re-set BIOS at normal values
- Now High Sierra works well
- Fixed Nvidia drivers and Cuda, I'll post a guide later
- Fixed internal audio (useless for me, as I have a Mbox interface)
- One last thing remaining, I have only two USB ports working (the two on the rear panel closest to wifi antenna).
I'm using a HUB to use connect USB needed (keyboard, mouse, Mbox cable)
Tried various kexts and conf edit but without success; I've read this issue is harder to fix, isn't it?
I also have a few annoying sleep issues but they're related to USB I guess so it doesn't matter

Motherboard
Asus X99 Deluxe 3.1
CPU
i7-5820K
Graphics
GTX 980 Ti
Hey, I think you should try high sierra, If you want I can post my efi for 10.13.6 and my bios settings. That guide for sierra is highly outdated, in my new setup I've followed KGP's amazing guide and all works flawlesly. All ! for the motherboard, there is no difference between asus x99 deluxe and asus x99 deluxe u3.1, apart for the usb 3.1 card.

Could you post your efi folder and bios settings please? I'd very much appreciate it, I'm newer to hackintosh but I keep having optimization issues that I've spent hours on trying to fix. I have pretty much the same exact setup as you but I followed KGPs recent guide and I'm still running into problems when it comes to optimization, my hardware is the exact same as your current setup. It just would help greatly to see someone else's EFI and bios running the same hardware.

P.S. is there a certain bios version that's best for this?

Thanks,
Wewooo

Motherboard
Asus X-99 Deluxe
CPU
i7-5930K
Graphics
GTX 960M
Could you post your efi folder and bios settings please? I'd very much appreciate it, I'm newer to hackintosh but I keep having optimization issues that I've spent hours on trying to fix. I have pretty much the same exact setup as you but I followed KGPs recent guide and I'm still running into problems when it comes to optimization, my hardware is the exact same as your current setup. It just would help greatly to see someone else's EFI and bios running the same hardware.

P.S. is there a certain bios version that's best for this?

Thanks,
Wewooo
Hi @TheWewooo ,
I finally moved on High Sierra setup by KGP as suggested by @dMatik and it works perfectly, I only need a couple more explained guidelines for PCI optimization.
I'll make a post on it, the guide is here.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...o-x99-successful-build-extended-guide.227001/
My EFI folder is the same as the guide, edited properly as stated.
Let me know, but on the other thread!
About the BIOS, I tried with standard values and it doesn't work, haven't tried a mix of them though; in the previous installations I had to overclock my 5930K and set voltage a little higher (1.3V), now it's not necessary.
What is your exact setup?
Go on High Sierra and reply my post on the other thread, thanks.
Guy

Motherboard
Asus X-99 Deluxe
CPU
i7-5930K
Graphics
GTX 960M
Ok then, I'm not going anywhere with PCI optimization, @dMatik can you Kindly post your actual efi for 10.13.6?
It includes all .aml fixes for internal PCI devices I suppose (integrated audio, ethernet card, asmedia controller etc...).
Thanks, all is running correctly though!

Motherboard
ASUS X99 Deluxe
CPU
i7-5820K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Ok then, I'm not going anywhere with PCI optimization, @dMatik can you Kindly post your actual efi for 10.13.6?
It includes all .aml fixes for internal PCI devices I suppose (integrated audio, ethernet card, asmedia controller etc...).
Thanks, all is running correctly though!
Bellow is my EFI implementation for Asus x99 deluxe, Intel i7 5820k, Nvidia GTX 980 ti.
(use clover configurator to generate your own serial and smuuid), install clover rcscripts for emulated nvram. Let me know how it works for you, I've done my pci implementation directly in DSDT, i've left ssdt just for graphic card (plan to move to amd vega 56 and update to mojave) (f*** you Nvidia....) !

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    17.2 MB · Views: 249
Motherboard
HP EliteBook 8770W (Clover)
CPU
i7-3720QM
Graphics
Quadro K3000M
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. Classic
  3. Color Classic
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Bellow is my EFI implementation for Asus x99 deluxe, Intel i7 5820k, Nvidia GTX 980 ti.
(use clover configurator to generate your own serial and smuuid), install clover rcscripts for emulated nvram. Let me know how it works for you, I've done my pci implementation directly in DSDT, i've left ssdt just for graphic card (plan to move to amd vega 56 and update to mojave) (f*** you Nvidia....) !

I've Tried your EFI with 10.13 and I get these errors in Verbose.

- ASUS X99 DELUXE (msip-rmm-msq-x99-deluxe) running Bios 3301
- Intel Haswell i7 5820K
- ASUS STRIX GTX 970 4GB
- 16GB PC4-2133 DDR4
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 SSD

what can I do to get it working?

Thanks,
Steve

Attachments

• IMG_20190716_222414.jpg
    IMG_20190716_222414.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20190717_150634.jpg
    IMG_20190717_150634.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Motherboard
ASUS X99 Deluxe
CPU
i7-5820K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've Tried your EFI with 10.13 and I get these errors in Verbose.

- ASUS X99 DELUXE (msip-rmm-msq-x99-deluxe) running Bios 3301
- Intel Haswell i7 5820K
- ASUS STRIX GTX 970 4GB
- 16GB PC4-2133 DDR4
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 SSD

what can I do to get it working?

Thanks,
Steve
Try slide=128 boot argument, if it's not working, delete OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi and Test2.efi from drivers64UEFI folder, and use this the attached aptiomemoryfix.efi. Same, try booting with and without slide=128 boot argument. I would recomend to use aptiomemory fix.. btw, maybe a typo but I think lattest bios version for x99 deluxe is 3901 :)... let me know how things go :)

Attachments

• AptioMemoryFix.efi
    25.4 KB · Views: 46
Motherboard
HP EliteBook 8770W (Clover)
CPU
i7-3720QM
Graphics
Quadro K3000M
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. Classic
  3. Color Classic
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Try slide=128 boot argument, if it's not working, delete OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi and Test2.efi from drivers64UEFI folder, and use this the attached aptiomemoryfix.efi. Same, try booting with and without slide=128 boot argument. I would recomend to use aptiomemory fix.. btw, maybe a typo but I think lattest bios version for x99 deluxe is 3901 :)... let me know how things go :)
I can honestly say i must be doing something wrong.

I downloaded high sierra from app store.
then used to create the bootable USB.
Code:
sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/UNTITLED && say Boot Installer Complete
then I mounted the EFI drive with EFI Mounter, copied your EFI folder to it and tried booting it.

no luck, I only got a Windows icon, which is wierd cause I only have one drive connected (M.2) which is brand new.

Should I use Unibeast or Clover?

any input is greatly appreciated. I attached the ACPI folder. maybe you find something I'm doing wrong.

Thanks,

Attachments

• ACPI.zip
    271.8 KB · Views: 42