Contribute
Register

MacOs Sierra 10.12/10.13 on ASUS X99 Deluxe/U3.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did you get sleep working?
Man, sleep is a little tricky for me too, for me to work first was to reset BIOS to default settings and after do the settings i've mentioned in first post. The to "fine tune" i've play'd with with darkwake settings. On MacOs 10.12 was darkwake=1, on MacOs 10.12.1 and 10.12.2 was darkwake=4 and now on 10.12.3 I use darkwake=8 .

Did you manage to get the USB 3 working to support external hard drives, used the same files on my asus x99 sabertooth but am struggling to get it to notice my external hard drives through USB 3 any ideas ?
Man, IDK, If you follow r3habman's USB tutorials, and get real usb3 suport then Any external drive or USB 3 device that dont require Any adițional kexts/software will work.

Man, sleep is a little tricky for me too, for me to work first was to reset BIOS to default settings and after do the settings i've mentioned in first post. The to "fine tune" i've play'd with with darkwake settings. On MacOs 10.12 was darkwake=1, on MacOs 10.12.1 and 10.12.2 was darkwake=4 and now on 10.12.3 I use darkwake=8 .
Hm I might try that. I was just about to jump into the world of direct USB port injection. Is there anything else other than dark wake because I've read that sleep in Sierra is closely tied to USB. Have you done anything with USB at all?

Hm I might try that. I was just about to jump into the world of direct USB port injection. Is there anything else other than dark wake because I've read that sleep in Sierra is closely tied to USB. Have you done anything with USB at all?
Nothing special for USB aside making sure it works like it should. For me after weeks of trying to understand r3hab man USB injection, and creating my own ssdt for port injection, BIOS settings for USB ( EHCI Handoff=Yes, Xhci Handoff=Yes ) thats the story for USB. Also disabled power nap in system settings (energy) cuz I dont like my pc turning on by its own. Is tricky, every sistem configuration is diferent, so I think in hackintosh world you should be creative in some sort, and follow the gods R3habMan and Pike R. Alpha haha.

Nothing special for USB aside making sure it works like it should. For me after weeks of trying to understand r3hab man USB injection, and creating my own ssdt for port injection, BIOS settings for USB ( EHCI Handoff=Yes, Xhci Handoff=Yes ) thats the story for USB. Also disabled power nap in system settings (energy) cuz I dont like my pc turning on by its own. Is tricky, every sistem configuration is diferent, so I think in hackintosh world you should be creative in some sort, and follow the gods R3habMan and Pike R. Alpha haha.
Hm, so do you just use your SSDT or also USBInjectALL.kext, raising ports restriction in kextsandpatches, and EHC1 --> EH01, _OSI to XOSI, etc. Actually could you link me the guide you used?

Sierra 10.13 wifi don't work and black screen :(

@dMatik: Congrats on your great build!

AND, thank you for the post! You helped me get my built-in Audio working with the AppleALC kext. I had working audio via a USB device, but wanted the built-in audio to work. I had a lot of trouble getting audio to work with realtekALC and patching AppleHDA. Using AppleALC and Codec Commander in Clover (along with the ACPI renaming patch), changing the Audio ID to 11 and employing a native, unpatched AppleHDA in S/L/E worked like a charm!

Many thanks for your post!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back