Contribute
Register

MacOS Big Sur on Legacy system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I am a complete noob in hakintosh.
If big sur installation on legacy bios is possible please, if you can provide me with the steps.
I dont have any mac. so please give the steps to install it using windows.
pentium cpu is not supported but you can fake the cpu

your pentium graphics is not supported though

replace the cpu with an i3 or i5 if possible

is there a way yo install mac on my older 2010 Amd Phenom 2 with only legacy support in bios.
i tried to install many versions of mac but wan't boot...
i have a asus m4a78lt-m mobo and a old graphics card the ati HD5770

is there a way yo install mac on my older 2010 Amd Phenom 2 with only legacy support in bios.
i tried to install many versions of mac but wan't boot...
i have a asus m4a78lt-m mobo and a old graphics card the ati HD5770

Hi there.

I don't think any proper work has been done on supporting previous generation AMD CPUs. Only Ryzen support has been actively developed (like the one in your profile) since a few lines of code in macOS revealed Apple must have been experimenting with the CPUs themselves.

Happy to be proved wrong. Often people do succeed with such experiments, but I haven't seen one yet.

:)

Thank you 1000 Times for your help, everything working now, thank you very much
Can you upload your EFI for BigSure? I tried using your uploaded EFI in previous post and it works well for Catalina (mine is T3400) but not working for Big Sur. I am using Big Sur 11.6.1. Thanks.

I have a nice setup with opencore 0.7.8 legacy boot BIOS (not uefi) on a asus P7P55D running Monterey 12.2.1 Took me weeks to get it going but i would say 95% works so far far only 2 things dont work
1- sleep that i barely use
2 - restart but shutdown works just fine , so i dont know but it is completly usable :)

I had the same problem with the HP8100 as you did, but now it works with this setting.
I tried that and it worked, thanks for the great tip
now i only need to make sleep work but not sure how to accomplish that,
i have tried almost everything
any tips will be appreciated it

now i only need to make sleep work but not sure how to accomplish that,
i have tried almost everything
any tips will be appreciated it
Do you mean "I don't sleep even if I select Sleep from Apple Memu"?

I'm currently using OpenCore 0.7.9 and haven't successfully started Big Sure/Monterey with the following error:

80:525 00:222 AAPL: #[EB.H.IS|!] Err(0xE) <- RT.GV boot-signature 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82
80:748 00:222 AAPL: #[EB.H.IS|!] Err(0xE) <- RT.GV boot-image-key 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82

I succeeded in booting Catalina and successfully installing Mojave via USB, but I usually use High Sierra with SMBIOS = 11.3 because AGPM does not work.

I tried the Sleep function on High Sierra and Mojave, but as a monitor function, the screen shows the Sleep state, the keyboard and mouse are in the input state (lamp lights up), and when I press the keyboard, the screen reappears. increase.

Can you refer to EFI, which says you can start Monterey if you like?

Do you mean "I don't sleep even if I select Sleep from Apple Memu"?

I'm currently using OpenCore 0.7.9 and haven't successfully started Big Sure/Monterey with the following error:

80:525 00:222 AAPL: #[EB.H.IS|!] Err(0xE) <- RT.GV boot-signature 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82
80:748 00:222 AAPL: #[EB.H.IS|!] Err(0xE) <- RT.GV boot-image-key 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82

I succeeded in booting Catalina and successfully installing Mojave via USB, but I usually use High Sierra with SMBIOS = 11.3 because AGPM does not work.

I tried the Sleep function on High Sierra and Mojave, but as a monitor function, the screen shows the Sleep state, the keyboard and mouse are in the input state (lamp lights up), and when I press the keyboard, the screen reappears. increase.

Can you refer to EFI, which says you can start Monterey if you like?
NO, i meant the computer does not go to sleep by itself, nor by clicking the sleep option under the apple icon .
this old computer boots totally fine with Monterey 12.2.1 posting the EFI folder here may not help you, i should have posted the details of my pc earlier but this machine is somewhat hardware modified, for starters im runnig a Xeon CPU X3480 ethernet runs on PCI not onboard, sound runs on PCI no onboard, (YESSSSSS PCI no PCIe) Graphics is on a rx580, so im not sure if my EFI (plist) can be of any help to you) but let me know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back