Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello
I've recently installed macOS Catalina on an LGA 775 system with an Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400, everything works fine but I wanted to upgrade to MacOS Big Sur, I've made a first attempt to boot with OpenCore but I get an error "Boot mismatch" and nothing after, so I've tried with clover, and it worked just fine, but when I get to the installer my keyboard and my mouse doesn't work at all, I'm not excepting USB not to work because the USB can boot into the installer, and I've tried multiple USB ports, but I think it's a problem with the Keyboard/mouse, there's a problem with keyboard and mouse in MacOS Big Sur in legacy systems, The OpenCore Vanilla guide describes it and give a patch, but how can I inject this patch into Clover ?
This is the "patch" used in OpenCore and the link of the source:
<dict> <key>Base</key> <string>_isSingleUser</string> <key>Count</key> <integer>1</integer> <key>Enabled</key> <true/> <key>Find</key> <data></data> <key>Identifier</key> <string>com.apple.iokit.IOHIDFamily</string> <key>Limit</key> <integer>0</integer> <key>Mask</key> <data></data> <key>MaxKernel</key> <string></string> <key>MinKernel</key> <string>20.0.0</string> <key>Replace</key> <data>uAEAAADD</data> <key>ReplaceMask</key> <data></data> <key>Skip</key> <integer>0</integer> </dict>
Dortania - OpenCore Install Guide, OpenCore and macOS 11 Big Sur (Keyboard problem)

and this is my PC
CPU : Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400
Ram : 4gb DDR3 1333Mhz
GPU : Nvidia GT 730
Mobo : Foxconn G41MXP
Chipset : Intel G41
Storage : Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500gb
Clover Rev Used: R5126

and there's my EFI folder in the attached file if you want
Thanks for your help

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    9.2 MB · Views: 1,897
Last edited:
Hi, pleased to see that you've successfully installed Catalina on your LGA 775 system.
Please, could you share the EFI folder?
Many thanks

Hi, pleased to see that you've successfully installed Catalina on your LGA 775 system.
Please, could you share the EFI folder?
Many thanks
No problems, but i’ve uploaded it in the attachements i’ll reupload it in this message

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    9.2 MB · Views: 1,097
i install big sur on my LGA 775
i have ps2 mouse and keyboard and use ps2/usb

for fix bug usb/keyboard in big sur
i add "-s" to boot clover and go to single mode then type "exit"
after login to installer or mac big sur mouse/keyboard work

i install big sur on my LGA 775
i have ps2 mouse and keyboard and use ps2/usb

for fix bug usb/keyboard in big sur
i add "-s" to boot clover and go to single mode then type "exit"
after login to installer or mac big sur mouse/keyboard work
Do you use OP or Clover? Could you share the EFI folder for Big Sur on LGA775?

i use last clover
i install big sur with parallels desktop in physical partition HDD

first install mac seirra with parallels desktop in physical partition HDD then update to big sur

after full install in parallel desktop

restart my system and boot with USB My EFI
create bootable usb and replace EFI

ps : i use this efi for big sur 11.0.1 (20B29)

Attachments

• EFI_ASUS_P5P43TD.zip
    5 MB · Views: 1,249
Last edited:
Thanks for your advice, my keyboard and mouse work really well now, but there's still an hiccup in all this thing, when I try to install MacOS Big Sur, after I get to the usb installer and get past the first stage of the installation, I reboot on the hard drive, and Instead to have the apple logo with the progress bar and time, I have an MacOS installer windows with "Update" written in it and a progress bar, at this level everything is ok (Catalina was doing this when I've installed it) but instantly it reboots, I guess that's a Kernel Panic but even if I add the debug=0x100 bootflag it does nothing, it still reboot directly

UPDATE
So i've finally got MacOS Big Sur Installed, but last hiccup, the graphics car won't work, Like i Said I have an GT 730 which worked out of the box with macOS Catalina, but here nothing, after passing the verbose, instead of having the apple logo and the UI, i have a black screen and my monitor returning no signal, what can I do ?

Last edited:
install WhateverGreen + Lilu in EFI other folder
add boot -lilubeta -wegbeta npci=0x2000
select smbios 14.2

ps : after login look in disk utility and upload here
for me only one storage work

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-28 at 5.24.28 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-28 at 5.24.28 AM.png
    270.8 KB · Views: 582
install WhateverGreen + Lilu in EFI other folder
add boot -lilubeta -wegbeta npci=0x2000