Register

macOS 10.14.5 Update

Motherboard
Z370 HD3 (UEFI F7)
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Updated clover (4920) AppleALC and WEG. Lilu hasn't changed since the last update. Used system update and it took about 10-15 minutes. Same horizontal purple line glitch as others have reported. Everything seems to work fine and graphics are still accelerated. Haven't tried Geekbench yet.

Motherboard
MSI H270M Bazooka
CPU
I5-7400
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
No pb for update 10.14.4 to 10.14.5.

But, now I have the purple lines for boot.

And i have a bug with Bluetooth on screen login. It’s not working. I have to plug the Magic keyboard on USB for login and after Bluetooth start with launched session...

I have reset my Bluetooth parameters and deleted keyboard and trackpad. Now it’s working again.

Motherboard
Asus Z170-Deluxe-Clover
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
I think this 10.14.5 update finally fixes AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer Kernel Panics I had been having for weeks with my build. Been running smooth for 21 hours with a few sleep cycles so far.

PS: I also had those purples lines issue during boot up some mentioned here.

Attachments

Motherboard
Dell G7 15 (Clover UEFI)
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
UHD 630 + GTX 1060 1920x1080
Mobile Phone
iOS
Mine won't install. Keeps getting reverted to 10.14.4. I tried latest Clover build but it still not working.

Motherboard
MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition
CPU
i5-4570
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hehe - Understood:)

I think only the purple boot lines will dissappear with maybe new kext (lilu etc.) or clover update... if we are lucky. Otherwise it’s probably fixed in the next few betas (I hope, but not bothered by them myself when it’s a general thing)

Do you mean that short “blackscreen” before login appeares, as flashing screen? If yes, then I have it too since 10.14.3 or something (can’t remember).

Seems like it’s only newer AMD cards that gets the purple lines.
Yeah, I hope this can be fixed by WEG or a kext or something.

As for the flashing, actually no, I mean a real white flash just before second stage boot. It's sometimes only on the bottom part of the screen, sometimes more, and sometimes (and this is the most intriguing part), not at all. There are moments when there is no flashing whatsoever.

Anyway. Here's a video of it.

There's also a dedicated thread about it here. So I'm definitely not the only one with this issue. :)
Aaand...for as far as I know, it's been there for a loooooong time with AMD cards. No such thing with Nvidia. But as we all know, Nvidia is no longer supported.

Last edited: