Contribute
Register

macOS 10.14.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hehe - Understood:)

I think only the purple boot lines will dissappear with maybe new kext (lilu etc.) or clover update... if we are lucky. Otherwise it’s probably fixed in the next few betas (I hope, but not bothered by them myself when it’s a general thing)

Do you mean that short “blackscreen” before login appeares, as flashing screen? If yes, then I have it too since 10.14.3 or something (can’t remember).

Seems like it’s only newer AMD cards that gets the purple lines.

Yeah, I hope this can be fixed by WEG or a kext or something.

As for the flashing, actually no, I mean a real white flash just before second stage boot. It's sometimes only on the bottom part of the screen, sometimes more, and sometimes (and this is the most intriguing part), not at all. There are moments when there is no flashing whatsoever.

Anyway. Here's a video of it.

There's also a dedicated thread about it here. So I'm definitely not the only one with this issue. :)
Aaand...for as far as I know, it's been there for a loooooong time with AMD cards. No such thing with Nvidia. But as we all know, Nvidia is no longer supported.

Last edited:
This is my first time ever updating the OS via an Apple update for a Hackintosh. Since I already had all the Hackintosh related stuff up-to-date because I literally installed this system (10.14.4) 24 hours ago, it went smoothly and everything seems to be working. I did NOT see any purple/pink lines (AMD Radeon RX 590 ... the info on the left is for a 3rd Hackintosh I'm building). Next up: Update my first Hackintosh which has been running 10.11.6 for three years. :D

Edited: Realized my backup drive was not appearing, so I went to the link on the first page of this thread and implemented the USB hack change to my EFI boot volume config, rebooted, and there it is!

Last edited:
Updated clover to 4920 and then updated from 10.14.4 to 10.14.5 through the System preferences - software update.
During the update the computer restarts four times, some horizontal lines appear for a second every time (Vega 64), during the last two restarts the screens go completely blank and stay blank all the time (seems like something went wrong but it didn't), after that the system reboots normally and everything works flawlessly. No audio kext reinstall is necessary, audio works, USB kext update has to be done manually.

What Clover version? Do you think v4920 will work?
Thank you

Tried 4920. Install went fine but now I can't boot because of AppleACPIPlatform kext panic :(
I have my backup so I'm able to revert...

Back on 10.14.4 and did update again. This time worked.

Attachments

• Z400.png
    Z400.png
    53.7 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back