HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Today Apple released macOS 10.14.5, a major software update to macOS Mojave. Update any supported system using the built-in Software Update functionality through the System Preferences pane or by using the standalone installer available from Apple.com.

What we know about 10.14.5 Update so far...
  • macOS Build 18F132
  • Updated Intel, NVIDIA, and AMD graphics drivers
    • Initial support for AMD Radeon VII graphics cards
    • NVIDIA Alternate Graphics Drivers have NOT been updated for macOS Mojave. Users of NVIDIA Maxwell or Pascal graphics cards should stay on macOS High Sierra.
  • Updated audio drivers- established users of Mojave with AppleALC or VoodooHDA should not need to update.
  • Updated USB drivers- those using Port Limit Removal patch will have to update to new patches for 10.14.5
  • Install macOS Mojave App has been updated - If you downloaded macOS Mojave from the App Store prior to today, and you want to have the latest version on your backup installer USB, simply log into the Mac App Store and click Download. The updated Install macOS Mojave App can be found in the Applications folder.
Testing is now underway- this post will be updated. Good luck, and let us know how it goes! Report your results here.

Related:
macOS 10.14.4 Update
macOS 10.14.3 Supplemental Update
macOS 10.14.3 Update
macOS 10.14.2 Update
macOS 10.14.1 Update

macOS Mojave is Now Available on the Mac App Store
[README] Common Problems/Changes/Fixes on Mojave

Last edited:
Pre Update Notes:
- This update may break some of your Mojave functions, like audio. Make sure you backup first.:thumbup:

- There are NO Nvidia Web drivers for Mojave as of this date/time. So, this update is for non Nvidia graphics card users.

- Make sure you use the latest versions of the Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext. They will be in the Downloads > Kexts area. AppleALC.kext is located here. Or you can use the latest MultiBeast for Mojave, v11.3.0.

Please post help requests in the Mojave Desktop Support Forum section (not in this thread).

Here's the step by step way to update:
:ch:Backup your current installation using Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper;

:ch: Update to the latest Clover using the latest MultiBeast for Mojave, v11.3.0 or newer.

:ch: Download the Mojave 10.14.5 Update or Combo Update in Post #1 or the update from Apple's Mac App Store and run it - the updater will reboot upon completion.

Note: Update will reboot twice; each time Clover picks the correct boot partition. So, sit back and relax.

:ch: Apply the 10.14.5 Port Limit Removal Patches using MultiBeast:
Drivers > USB > Remove XHCI USB Port Limit​
Or the Mojave 10.14.5 Port Limit Removal Patches:​

:ch: Done! So far, another easy update! :thumbup:

Will MultiBeast be updated for 10.14.5? I may wait for this.

Will MultiBeast be updated for 10.14.5? I may wait for this.
Too soon to tell. Maybe if another USB Port Limit patch is needed and Luli, WhateverGreen and AppleALC kexts are updated. BTW, the latest versions of the kexts are currently in the Downloads section.

No problems updating from 10.14.4 to 10.14.5 using system preferences, everything still works.
First updated Clover and SMC Kext using Kext updater and made a backup
(Vanilla install)

Two restarts and approx 13 minutes later:
Screen Shot 2019-05-13 at 3.02.12 PM.png

During the update, I did see some random purple lines on the screen for a few seconds. I ignored it and the update continued fine.

Updated Post #2 with the new 10.14.5 USB Port Limit Removal Patches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back