Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
HDMI/DP stopped working. I've tried to reapply audio_cloverHDMI-130_v0.8.command but with no success.

I hear the music in the blueray movies but not the voice of the characters !!!

Before 10.13.4 update I watched movies in blueray without problems !!

@toleda Can You help me ? My Hackintosh (High Sierra 10.13.4) runs on Alienware Alpha i7-4785T machine

Last edited:
Upgraded from 10.13.3 to 10.13.4 using the AppStore updater. Everything SEEMED to go OK, but when I check the computer it says I am still on 10.13.3, and the AppStore still lists 10.13.4 as an available update.

I don't know if this has come up in the previous 45 pages of posts, but I couldn't craft a meaningful search phrase for this problem.

Anybody have any ideas of what I should do?
Do not choose "Install OS X..." when you first reboot after starting the update process. As tonymacx86 writes:
"6. At Clover boot screen, choose Boot macOS Install option (Example: Boot macOS Install from Macintosh HD). Choosing your system drive will go back to your previous installation without updating.
7. Complete the installation process- the computer will automatically reboot a few times.
8. At Clover boot screen, choose Boot macOS option (Example: Boot macOS from Macintosh HD). The computer will then complete the update."
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/update-directly-to-macos-high-sierra.232707/

You will have at least two restarts, and you will see that the option to "Boot macOS Install..." will be gone in the Clover bootloader, and that is when you boot into your boot macOS option (the drive on which you are installing). The install process will continue and may restart again.

Otherwise, you may have to update your Clover and kexts. Good luck.

Last edited:
Why by NVIDIAOnlyVoodooHDA.kext Blue-ray audio doesn't work?
It only does that if audio source is not stereo. To fix create an aggregate device in audio MIDI setup, select your HDMI as output, select configure speakers and change to stereo or 2.0 surround. Use the aggregate device you created as your audio output.

Thanks Toleda! It works!

I need to use the audio_cloverHDMI-130_v0.8.command to show up HDAU in IOReg. Then I change de ID's in Clover. ;)

Screen Shot 2018-04-03 at 02.57.00.png

i want to create a USB installer with 10.13.4 but clover doesn't see "mac OS installer from USB" partition. No problems with 10.13.3....i use createinstallmedia method. (i use it for my laptop)

Solved:

Code:
rm -f /Volumes/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra/.IAPhysicalMedia

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back