Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Upgraded from 10.13.3 to 10.13.4 using the AppStore updater. Everything SEEMED to go OK, but when I check the computer it says I am still on 10.13.3, and the AppStore still lists 10.13.4 as an available update.

I don't know if this has come up in the previous 45 pages of posts, but I couldn't craft a meaningful search phrase for this problem.

Anybody have any ideas of what I should do?

Upgraded from 10.13.3 to 10.13.4 using the AppStore updater. Everything SEEMED to go OK, but when I check the computer it says I am still on 10.13.3, and the AppStore still lists 10.13.4 as an available update.

I don't know if this has come up in the previous 45 pages of posts, but I couldn't craft a meaningful search phrase for this problem.

Anybody have any ideas of what I should do?

Sounds like during the install process you may have selected the wrong installation/boot partition from Clover. I did the same. Went ahead and redownloaded the update from the app store, and watched it like a hawk while I installed it. Made sure to select "install osx" from the clover boot menu, and it went through great.

Have a look at Settings>Energy saving>uncheck Power Nap and Wake for Network access.
Sometimes it gets re-enabled after a update...

Uncheck Wake for ethernet network access
Uncheck Put hard disks to sleep when possible

Still restart the computer by itself. It seems like it happens on the second time when the monitor goes to sleep (not 100% sure). It seems like I can wake the computer up on the first time without restarting. But if the computer goes to sleep the second time, it restarts the computer by itself.

I updated to version 10.13.4 from the App Store and all I had to do was really update the video drivers. First time this goes smooth for me. This was a clean install of 10.13.3 high Sierra. The Nvidia drivers updated automatically and it worked great after restart

Coffee Lake user here using UHD630. Just updated. I had the screen flickering problem and changed smbios from 18,3 to 18,1 and it's working fine now. No problems with USB either. Did not do the patch.

I had the flickering display issue as well after updating. Modifying my smbios from 18,2 to 18,1 appears to have resolved it.

The only way not to get the computer accidentally restart when it go to sleep mode is to move the knob in System Preference > Energy Saver - Computer Sleep to NEVER.

If there is a better solution, please let me know.

I lost HDMI also look in the support forum looks like Apple changed audio Keats and Nvidia no longer works without more efforts. If ATI boards work with audio I may have to bail the Nvidia shuffle is getting old

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back