Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi just wondering where in my confit-plist should I put this. I have attached my plist. I can see where the key is but am not sure if should paste this over what is there already. Thanks

Hello, could I also ask you for some help as to where should this patch be placed in the config-plist. Thanks

File in attachment.

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.6 KB · Views: 192
Installed from App Store successfully.

I tried the downloadable installer first (OP's first link - not the combo). That didn't work. It said something like, (total paraphrase here) "Install failed. Check with the manufacturer," with a big, yellow exclamation point caution sign. ??? In hindsight, I should have taken a screenshot of that.

It was pretty strange because it wasn't clear at all what was meant by "the manufacturer." Apple made the installer so it couldn't have been the manufacturer of the installer. Also, presumably, they assume the installer is installing on a real Mac, not a Hackintosh. They would have made the Mac too. So, what manufacturer are they talking about?

Anyway, the App Store install went just fine, with one extra reboot than usual. As usual for me (and I haven't heard of anybody else having to deal with this), I had to select "Boot Install MacOS from Recovery HD" in Clover (twice). For some reason, it puts the install stuff on my recovery partition.

Updated from the App Store. Had to fix both sound and Wifi. Did nothing else not even update apfs.

Installed from the App Store. No problems, except:

- USB 3.0 -> fixed thanks to #84 bogdanw's patch
- Felt a little bit lag, (bit enough to change the version) -> fixed changing to v.104 thanks to vulgo's repo

In five minutes everything was as it should.

Last edited:
I didn't want to install this update afraid something got broken, anyway my daughter was on the PC and say to install so I had nothing else to do. Well, it updated from the App store and everything is fine, sound, usb, video, etc.

Totally busted... The update from app store failed. The combo update seemed to work but stuck in reboot loop. Changed identity from iMac18,3 to MacPro5,1 now both 10.13.4 and 10.13.1 are stuck in reboot loop. I need to get it working with the Mac Pro personality so iTunes movies work... Ugh

Screen Shot 2018-04-03 at 9.53.13 AM.png

It only does that if audio source is not stereo. To fix create an aggregate device in audio MIDI setup, select your HDMI as output, select configure speakers and change to stereo or 2.0 surround. Use the aggregate device you created as your audio output.

You're great! Have saved me 2 times ! Thanks a lot :)

Seem to have everything up and running.

Still running Whatevergreen and Lilu on my RX 480 to avoid sleep issues. Only gripe is that I'm getting a random framedrop or two when playing games. I'll be running Bioshock at 150fps and it'll drop down to 20 for about a second, then jump back up.

Last edited:
Yep, this worked great. Thanks.

Just to clarify for other n00bs like me who forgot how to edit config.plist... here's how I implemented this:
1. Open up Clover Configurator
2. In Mount EFI -> Mount Partition (most likely disk0s1), wait for EFI partition to mount
3. Open Partition, go to EFI/EFI/CLOVER/, open config.plist in a text editor (like Sublime)
4. Find "KextsToPatch", then copy and paste the <dict>...</dict> content above into the <array>...</array> section. Save and close config.plist. If you want to double check, open config.plist with Clover Configurator, go to 'Kernel and Kext Patches' and the new patch should show up in KextsToPatch (screenshot attached).
5. Restart your computer.
Does it matter if it goes after the beginning <array> or before the end <array>? In other words as the first kext to patch or the last kext to patch?

BFF38335-D288-45A3-B529-0C55D38F835E.jpeg 0C99F40F-AFCA-4D37-8685-79AA4AAA183A.jpeg I got this after installing the 10.13.4 update from the Apple Store Updater... Before restart, I updated a bunch of kexts, FakeSMC, NvidiaGraphicsFixup etc. The update went fine, but cannot boot to system, please advise, thanks!

Attachments

• 9BAE591D-776E-4E01-9830-AB14531BA164.jpeg
    9BAE591D-776E-4E01-9830-AB14531BA164.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 195
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back